46|night-dreams

Grammatical errors and mistakes must be overlooked, all of my chapters are unedited before being published. My apologies in advance. 🖤

"Yo Jackson, toss the gloves." Screamed the man with blond hair, as Jackson ignored him, and continued laying rounds into the punching bag.

"Wanna square together then?" The man continued to pester Jackson, seeing that he was in deep thought about something, as with every couple of hits to the punching bag, his eyes went over to his bag sitting on the bench.

"What's up mate-"

"Markus move around before I snap your fucking neck." Jackson spit, eyeing Markus with dark eyes as Markus sighed, and moved away with his hands up in surrender.

It had taken years for Markus to come around to Jackson, years of finding Jackson first off. Tracking him down, while also moving around with Paris was hard. Especially considering the mental state she was in.

But something about the way he acted just now, reminded him of the past, eight years ago.

"Jackson I'm trying to put some sense into your mind man. Ebony is dead, she's not coming back and you know this. The dead do not rise, speak, or anything. So stop telling yourself that you'll meet eachother again one day-"

Jackson jumped up from the hospital bed, wrapping his hands around Markus' neck as he squeezed with all of his might.

He'd kill him today and go to jail for the rest of his life where he'd finally end it there. Where no one like Markus would be able to save him.

He'd finally be able to see her again. See everyone he had lost again. But most importantly Ebony, and his mind would be at ease.

But then he thought about Paris on the other side of the door. And as his eyes zoned in on Markus' strained eyes, as he tried prying away Jackson's strong fingers, he couldn't imagine how losing two more people she depended on, would make her react.

It would be too much. And as he thought about it, he thought about Ebony, and his fingers slowly loosened their grip around Markus neck as he choked, taking in large gulps of air.

All the while Jackson could only think of Ebony's soft voice, and even gentler nature. Telling him that Markus didn't deserve any pain, just as Jackson didn't either.

"Jackson-"

"Leave." Jackson said, grabbing his pillow from behind his head, as he set it over his face.

"Jackson, I'm always here man. Always-"

"Just go." Jackson's voice cracked, as he felt the hot tear slip from his eye, rolling down his cheek as he saw ebony behind his eyelids.

He saw her smiling at him, laughing, as well as remembering their last night together. He felt the pain he had felt the day of losing her, all at once.

How could he live like this? He thought to himself, day in and day out.

For eight years.

As Jackson landed another punch into the punching bag, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket, and turned off his ten o clock alarm, letting him know it was time to head back to his apartment.

Markus had left, possibly running back to Paris, if not stopping at what Jackson knew was some other place in the middle of the night.

He shook those thoughts away, and focused on his own problems, as he had been doing for years. Unwrapping the bandages from his calloused hands, he threw them into his bag while digging around for his water bottle, and instead he felt and heard the pills that sat at the bottom of his bag jingle.