29|Eliza

[not edited but enjoy ;)]

EBONY

The woman who resembled so many features of my now deceased mother, was standing before me again.

This time, with a gun in her hand. And it was a familiar looking silver pistol. One that held a striking resemblance to the one Gale carried around on many occasions, to taunt me and even to use for protection he had said.

"If you don't mind, I'd actually like to take my niece home now." She began to make her way closer to me, but Jackson wasn't having it as he stepped out in front of her.

"I do mind." He said, eyeing her as she chuckled and then shook her head.

"What a brave boy. Stepping in front of a woman with a gun in her hand." She raised an eyebrow then, and looked Jackson up and down. "And you are.." She said, and just as Jackson was about to answer, she answered her own question with a sly smirk.

"Jackson Jackson. The boy with a mysterious past, and a 'friend' who's now out to get you." She spoke with such elegance, but fierceness that it was hard to look past her rather pretty face, to see anything other than brutal beneath her words.

"Of course, I respect the urge you have to protect Ebony. She needs all the protection she can get." She took a step back, then turned to Ravinoff who had been staring at her with a look I couldn't pin to an exact emotion.

"Let's head back inside though, we need to talk." She turned then, and walked past Jackson and I as she went into the apartment.

"What the fuck is going on." Jackson said to Ravinoff as he let out a deep sigh and then shook his head.

"It's a lot to explain, but right now we have to focus on Ebony." Ravinoff explained as he looked down at my stomach, and I instantly began to worry again.

"J-Jackson, isn't there any other way to get it out?" I asked, hoping he'd atleast say something besides cutting me back open. But he shook his head and grabbed my hand, pulling me off to the side as he ran his finger down my cheek, calming my nerves just the slightest.

"I know this sounds scary. But remember when you first met me? And I had got shot?" He asked, as I nodded and glanced away, remembering the amount of anxiety i had went through as he held his gun at my back.

"The same bullet that's in you, was the same bullet that was in me. And that bullet could be the only way to find the person that shot you." He said, as I gulped and looked to the ground, thinking about the situation as I felt his fingers on my chin, as he lift my head and looked into my eyes.

"I promised you I'd never let anyone hurt you again. And by doing this, that'll be keeping my promise." He looked down at me with a look I felt held all truth in his words. "You'll just have to trust me on this, okay?"

I slowly nodded at his words, letting out a deep sigh as I knew I didn't want to do this. But if Jackson said that it was going to help my health, and not harm me, then I had to believe him.

At this moment, he was the only one I could keep all my trust and faith in.

As terrifying as it was to think about. My entire life was literally in his hands. And I didn't know how to feel about that.

After learning so much from Jerry, and trying to coach myself to be able to shoot someone, or defend myself, I still couldn't bring myself to do so when faced with holding a gun to Markus.

With every bone in my body, I couldn't bring myself to shoot him. Maybe it was because deep down I knew he wasn't at fault for his actions. After hearing about his son, I couldn't blame him for using me as bait, or in this case turning my dead body in for the exchange of his son.