Chapter Sixty-Four

Dylan mirrored the surprised look on my face.

I felt the familiar pinching on my stomach as I dropped on my bum on the hard forest floor.

"No!" I heard Harry scream.

Dylan dropped the gun when Harry crashed onto him.

They both rolled and scrambled against trees, against each other. My ears were still ringing from the loud gun shot.

But my eyes had dropped down to my midsection. Blood was gushing out and I was trying to stop it with my hands.

My body could not remove the silver bullet. My wound was not healing like it should.

I felt dizzy and my vision was blurring.

I felt my back hit the uneven hard floor. But I hardly felt the impact.

I looked up at the sky, the moon peeking out from the thick foliage. The ringing sound had subsided and I could hear Harry and Dylan still fighting, their growls and blows growing louder and more beastly.

There was another loud bang.

"Harry," I called, my voice hardly above a whisper. I worried he was hurt. I didn't want him to be hurt.

I saw Harry throw away the gun and saw Dylan lying face down a few feet away. Dylan was unmoving and I could smell fresh blood coming from him.

I heard the collective howl of Southfire wolves. They knew. They could feel it.

Their alpha was dead.

Harry quickly knelt beside me and cradled my head.

"Harry."

One look at him and I knew he could smell the poison that was emanating from the wound in my stomach. It was very much like Dylan to use a mixture of poisonous flowers after all.

Harry carried me and began running. I didn't know where he was going but I guess he knew the way out of this forest.

I kept my eyes trained on his beautiful face, watched as his curls bounces with every step. I looked at his chiseled jaw, his sharp nose, his beautiful green eyes.

I was making sure I remembered every last detail of his face.

I could hear growls, snarls, and crashes again. They grew louder and louder with every step Harry made.

He ran past them, expertly dodging any obstacle that came his way. He slowly laid me down on a couch a few moments later.

Louis, Liam and Zayn had followed.

We were back in the Southfire pack house.

"What the hell happened?!" Zayn screamed as he looked at all the blood that covered Harry and me.

"Just fucking find an antidote! Fucking Dylan shot her!"

The three boys all had horrified looks on their faces. I tried to give them a smile to let them know I was fine.

They quickly dispersed to some part of the house to look for an antidote. But before Harry could leave, I grabbed on to his hand.

I didn't want to be alone.

"Harry," I began to say.

He knelt down next to me and placed his hands on my wound, putting pressure so as to stop the bleeding. "Shhh, just rest. Don't move too much. We'll find the antidote, okay? We'll find it and you'll be okay."

There was desperation in his voice. And his eyes, his beautiful green eyes looked at me pleadingly. His hands pushed onto me tighter as if he was holding onto me to keep me here, as if he was holding onto his own life.

I really didn't like making Harry sad.

The fight was still on going outside. Even without their respective alphas, Southfire and Westwind were still fighting for them.

Why won't they stop?

Too many blood were already unnecessarily spilt.

Harry was looking at me like he was praying to the Moon Goddess. I could hear him mutter the words 'please don't take her' over and over.

But all I could see were my blood in his eyes.

I turned away, unable to look at him.

I really didn't like making Harry sad.

A glint caught my eye and I saw it - the silver crown everybody was fighting about. It was just there, still innocently lying under a chair where I had dropped it earlier.

I knew what I had to do.

And it really pained me to do it.

Dylan might have shot me but it was my choice on who to crown as alpha king. It was always my choice. The Moon Goddess had gifted me that choice.

"Harry."

"No. Please, no. Selene," Harry pleaded like he already knew.

I placed my bloody hand on his face and made sure he saw that he was reflected on my eyes. "I am looking at you. Only you."

I could see Harry trying his hardest to remain calm but the storm on his eyes told me otherwise.

With the last ounce of strength I had, I used the wind to bring the crown closer. It hovered above Harry's head for a bit.

I was no longer afraid. I knew the silver would not hurt him anymore. There was nothing else that could hurt him any longer.

"You were always meant to be more, Harry. Always someone more."

"I only want to be more to you, Selene. I only want you. Please don't do this." His lips quivered but I knew he was trying to keep it together for my sake.

But we both knew that the poison had spread too much and there was no antidote to be found.

"I love you, Harry." I let the silver crown gently fall on its rightful place.

A large burst of power emanated from Harry, throwing almost everything in its path in disarray.

I could already feel the power emanating from him. I knew he was not like us - unlike Seralune and me. He was built to carry the immense power of the moon that our bodies could not.

Everything around us fell quiet.

I could feel the bonds breaking from every wolf packs. Werewolves were no longer held down by four different packs.

There were no more Southfire, Westwind, Eastearth, and Northwaters.

There was no more Moon Goddess.

There was no more maiden.

There was only Alpha King Harry.

And the fulfillment of a prophecy.

For when the Alpha King ascended was when the prophecy luna ended.