Chapter Eighteen

"What are you doing?" Harry mumbled from behind me.

I saw him propping himself up on his elbows on my bed, the blanket sliding down from his chest.

He had slept over again last night. After my talk with Liam, Harry shortly arrived back to his pack house. He joined us and we told him about Liam's decision. He also didn't look too happy when we told him about Liam remaining a rogue because he was called by my seer blood. Louis kept sniggering about it and I kept shooting him dagger looks. This was Liam we were talking about. He was Cat's boyfriend and had always been like a protective older brother to me even if he was only a few months older than me.

I had also told him that I wanted to talk to Cat but Harry insisted that we do it in the morning instead. He told me I'd had enough excitement for the day with a worried look on his face. I eventually relented and Liam and I agreed that we'd go together to Cat's house this morning. Louis said he was going to tag along. After agreeing on a time, we had said our goodbyes and Harry drove me back home.

He had, to my surprise, asked me if he could stay over again. He had already asked my grandmother's permission it seemed and she told him it was okay as long as it was all right with me. I told him it was fine. It didn't feel right that he wasn't beside me anyway. Ever since they told me I had gone missing, I hadn't woken up without Harry by my side.

"It's too bright," I replied as I continued propping a thick towel on my already closed window. My curtains were already closed but a few rays of sunlight were still making their way inside my room and it was annoying me.

"It's only past six am, Sweetheart," Harry said. "Come back to bed."

I paused and listened, "Liam's already here."

And on cue, we both heard the door bell ringing.

Harry sat up straighter, "How did you know?"

I shrugged, "I heard someone walking up the front porch."

"You heard someone walking up the front porch? From here?"

I paused and realized why he found it weird, "I-erm, yeah?"

"It might be Louis. How'd you know it was Liam?"

"I-err, I just know," I said, and then exasperatedly sighed as I gave up keeping the sun's rays from getting in my room. "Why is it too bright?"

I heard Harry shuffle out the bed and in a second, he was standing beside me. He took my face on his hands, and stared at my eyes.

"Harry?"

"You're looking quite pale."

"I've always been pale."

Harry shook his head, "More than before. Like your skin's turning translucent. But your eyes, they're turning even darker than before."

"Really?"

"Yeah, almost like..."

"Like what?"

Harry stared at me intently, "A dark sky waiting for the moon to show up."

Before I could reply, he let go of my face and took my hand and pulled me out of the room. We went straight to the kitchen where we found my grandmother handing a mug of coffee to Liam. I squinted my eyes. The curtains were drawn in here and the sun was steadily getting brighter.

"Good morning, Elle," Liam said with a little bow. "Alpha Harry."

I frowned, "Li, please just greet me like normal. No little bows or whatsoever."