Chapter Fifty-One

I watched the water cascade from my skin and down the drain, washing away all the sweat and dirt from the sudden attack on Southfire.

But that was two days ago.

After another burst of energy to keep the attacking rogues away from Dylan and me, I passed out.

I woke up back in my room, with Liam guarding me. He was the only one other than me inside the house. But I could feel that the house was surrounded to the teeth by weres.

For a moment, I wondered what Trisha thought about that.

Liam was quick to fill me in on some details when I asked - about how much time had passed, where Louis and everyone else were, that Dylan was fine.

I had slept with the crown in my hands again, my left hand a bit sore from clutching it tightly. I couldn't believe I slept for two whole days but Liam said it was probably because I had a human body still.

Regardless if I was lead seer and had powers of my own, my body was still undoubtedly mortal. And it had to keep up with the quick changes happening within and around me.

I had requested for Liam to gather everyone. Not that he hadn't already contacted Louis the moment I woke up.

I headed straight to the bathroom to clean myself. And when I was done, I wrapped my body in a towel and stood in front of my mirror.

It had fogged up because of the steam. I wiped it with my palm and stared at my reflection.

Long, jet black hair. Snow pale skin. Pink lips. Bruised cheek.

A small full moon on my right eye.

I didn't know who this girl was anymore.

Was I looking at myself? Was this Seralune? Was I just a vessel for the Moon Goddess?

When I finally fulfill the prophecy, then what?

The end.

I blinked and my eye was back to normal.

I stared at myself for a few more seconds until I heard the front door slam open and shut. It pulled me out of my stupor and I proceeded to change into my favorite baby blue dress. Maybe dressing like how I used to would make me feel more like myself.

When I got out of the bathroom and back in my room, Zayn was there. He was seated next to the crown which I had left on my bed.

"Didn't I tell you I don't want to talk to you unless it concerns werewolf business?" I told him. I sat on my dresser to comb my hair.

I could feel Zayn's eyes on me. "You called us here."

"Not in my room."

"I used to always come here before."

"I want my key back."

"Elle."

I stopped brushing my hair and looked at him in the eyes through the mirror. "Nothing is like before, Zayn."

"You're right. But that doesn't mean we can't still be together."

"We can't be friends anymore."

Zayn smiled, "I don't want to be just your best friend. I want to be more."

"Not after you lied to me, Zayn."

"I didn't lie, Elle. I love you."

I bit back the scoff that threatened to escape my lips. "So Kevin did all that just for fun?"

"Are you ready to listen to what I have to say now?"

"No."

Zayn sighed, "I did what I needed to do then just so I can stay by your side, Elle." He stood up and walked to exit my room. "And I'm going to do just that and more so that I can be together with you. I promise you that."

The Prophecy LunaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara