Chapter Thirteen

My eyes were still closed but I could tell that someone else was in the room with me. It wasn't Harry, that I was sure. I slowly opened my eyes and saw I was facing the left side of my room, the side where my bathroom was. The door was wide open and no one was inside. I looked at my wall clock and saw that it was a little over seven in the morning. I assumed whoever he was, he was standing behind me.

I blinked a few times, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the sun. It was kind of annoying, really. Since when had it been so bright in my room? I blinked a few more times when it finally clicked.

"Louis?" I said, my voice still a little raspy.

There was a pause. Maybe he was asleep. I finally sat up, the blanket falling to my lap. I turned to him and saw his lean figure leaning on the wall next to my window, the curtains drawn to the side. His skin was basking in the morning sunshine and I could clearly see the tattoos he had on his arms. I squinted through the brightness and saw that one of his eyebrows was raised at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Where's Harry?"

"How did you know it was me?" he asked, ignoring all my questions.

I was taken aback, "I-I saw you."

"Really now? I swore I heard you call my name even before you saw me."

I ignored him this time, "Where's Harry?"

Louis smirked at me before answering, "Interesting."

"What?" I said, raising my eyebrow at him this time.

"Harry is downstairs."

I glanced at the door and frowned, "Wait... do we have visitors?"

"Oh, very good, Elle," Louis' smirk grew even wider. "Yeap. So you better go get dressed, my fair maiden."

My jaw dropped, "Did-did Harry tell you about that?"

"Get dressed and I'll tell you all about what I know," Louis ordered. He was still smirking at me but his eyes already shifted out my window. I really didn't know what he was looking at, all you could see outside was the house next door.

I rolled my eyes at him but did what he said. I quickly got up and rummaged through my closet, grabbing some underwear, a pair of black skinnies and a maroon spaghetti strap, with the bottom cut into frills. I ran to the bathroom, quickly showered, and brushed my teeth. I changed into the clothes I brought with me and tied my hair into a high bun.

I was staring at my reflection and realized that I was getting pale. Not like I was getting sick but more like I needed some sun or something. But the thought of staying long under the sun was enough to send a shiver down my spine.

I brushed it off and went out my bathroom. Louis was still standing where I left him.

"Do you want to see something interesting?" Louis asked as I rummaged through my closet again in search of my long white coat.

"What?" I asked, after pulling the coat from my closet. I placed it on my bed and looked at Louis. He was still looking out my window.

"There's nothing interesting out there," I said.

"The kid living next door's been staring at your window like he wants to cry or punch something. Or maybe both. He's been at it for almost an hour now."

I frowned, "And you're just what, having a staring contest with him?"

Louis glanced at me, "He can't see me obviously."

I walked closer to him but made sure I couldn't be seen from the window, "What do you mean he can't see you? That window's not a one-way glass."

Louis rolled his eyes then stretched out his hand and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me closer and I finally saw what he had been looking at. On the window nearest mine was the same dark-haired boy who had come and visited me yesterday morning. He was standing very still, his eyes trained at where Louis and I were standing.