Chapter Ten

They both stared at me in surprise.

"You-you're kidding, right? Elle?" the dark-haired boy asked.

I hesitated, "I- I'm sorry but I don't know you."

Hurt and rejection flashed through his eyes. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say next. I looked up at Harry who had a small frown on his face as he stared at me.

"You don't remember him?" Harry asked but it was more of a statement than a question.

"I..." I glanced at the boy still standing in my doorway. "Do I know you?"

"That's not a good joke, Elle," the boy said as he took a step forward.

"I told you to get the fuck out," Harry said, shielding me away again. "It's your fucking fault why she went missing."

But the boy ignored Harry and continued looking at me, "It's Zayn. I'm your bestfriend and I-I live next door and I- I..."

There was a pained expression in his eyes and it almost made me want to reach out and caress the hurt away.

"Sweetheart," Harry called. I tore my eyes away from Zayn and looked at Harry. "Do me a favor and go to where Sybil is, yeah? I'll take care of this."

"But-"

"Please," Harry pleaded. "We have other pressing matters to talk about with Sybil at the moment."

I pursed my lips. Harry was right, this could wait. Maybe I'd remember him once I hear this theory Harry and Gummy seemed to have as to why I couldn't remember certain things.

I reluctantly nodded and started make my way back to Gummy but not before I heard Zayn say, "Wait, Elle! Don't go! I just- I need to-!"

But before Zayn could say anything more to stop me, Harry had pushed him out the door and slammed it behind him.

I paused and looked back. I could still hear their voices, especially as Zayn had started shouting.

But right now, just like what Gummy said, I needed to trust Harry.

I re-entered the kitchen and saw that Gummy had cleared the table of our plates and was preparing more coffee.

I sat back down and shot a grateful glance at my grandmother as she placed a coffee cup in front of me, "Gummy, does Trisha have a son?"

Gummy pursed her lips, "Yes, she does."

"Zayn?"

"You don't remember him?"

I shook my head, "I... were we close?"

But before she could answer, I heard Harry re-enter the room.

He sat back beside me and I turned to him, "Erm... where's..."

He just took my hand to his as slowly shook his head, "He went home. I told him you'll talk to him when you're ready, yeah?"

I smiled back as I gently squeezed his hand, "Thank you."

Gummy cleared her throat, "Do you remember the story I used to tell you, Selene? The one about Seralune?"

I bit my lip, "Kind of." I was still a bit young when Gummy told me that story and when my mother found out she told it to me, my Mom freaked out and they got in a huge fight.

"Seralune was born thousands of years ago in a chaotic world where mortal men and werewolves thirsted for power, each wanting to overpower the other. It was said that Seralune was a priestess who wished for peace to the Moon Goddess. The Moon Goddess saw the purity in her intentions so the Goddess gave her the gift of sight. Seralune became a seer – the very first seer. And because of her power, she was able to protect her people. She was able to create a place where peace ruled over everyone and where war never touched the land."