Chapter Thirty-Six

If there was one thing my seer tone was good for, it was stopping an argument between Harry and Zayn before it even started.

After we had realized that Southfire might have something to do with some of the events that had happened as of late, I had decided to just ask Dylan about it the next time he came over. I tried calling him to get him to come earlier but it just went straight to voicemail so I just decided to wait.

He was bound to come sooner or later anyway.

I suggested that I should visit Gummy today while we wait since I was feeling better. All of them agreed.

Both Harry and Zayn volunteered to take me.

I sighed and told them Louis and Cat would go with me. Zayn protested, saying he had promised he'd take me. I told him that it was fine, and that I had something I needed to discuss with Louis, Cat and Liam in private anyway.

When he protested further, I had to use my seer tone. I just wasn't in the mood to argue anymore and I just really wanted to see my grandmother.

It left a bad taste in my mouth to do that and I could see the shock in Zayn's face the moment he got a taste of my seer tone. But really, I just didn't want to see Harry give me another one of his sad smiles if I went with Zayn.

The whole car ride to the hospital was quiet. Cat was a little fidgety and I guess she was nervous about what I needed to talk to them about.

Gummy was in a private room in the highest floor of the hospital. The room, like what you'd expect, was pretty bleak and eerily quiet. Only the beeping sounds from the machines around her were making a sound.

Liam was standing on her bedside, waiting for us. I think Cat texted him we were coming as he was clearly expecting us.

I made a beeline for my grandmother and just stared at her for a minute. She looked so fragile, like she'd break if I tried to touch her. There were scratches and a few bruises on her pallid face and for a moment, I was taken back to that moment when I saw my Mom in the hospital - bruised, scratched and lifeless.

I felt arms wrap around me to help keep me steady.

"It's okay, Elle. She's alive," I heard Louis' soothing voice next to me. "Sybil's a fighter. She won't go down without a fight."

There were a few moments of silence as we all processed what was in front of us. Louis held me the entire time, providing me with the comfort I needed to hear. Louis knew Gummy the best next to me and it was very encouraging to hear him say that Gummy would pull through.

After a while, I noticed that Liam and Cat been huddled together in the corner to give me some privacy. It was a good thing I had told her not to leave my side until I had talked to her and Liam.

I was trying to collect my thoughts and how I could tell them about her punishment to all wolves.

"I have something to tell you," I finally said after a few more minutes of silence.

I saw Cat tense up while Liam looked at me curiously.

"You lot could go to the lobby, I'll stay and guard Sybil in the mean time," Louis suggested, letting go of me slightly until he was sure I wouldn't fall down or something.

I shook my head, "You need to know about it too, Louis. Why... why don't you sit down first?"

I glanced at the small loveseat next to a large window, motioning for Liam and Cat to take a seat.

I took Gummy's hand and gave it a soft squeeze, hoping it'd give me the courage I needed to tell my friends this bad news.

"I'm not sure how much you guys know," I started. "The Moon Goddess... she's angry at how generations of alphas have been acting - vying for the alpha king position through any means even if it meant killing other wolves or hurting her seers. So she's punishing the alphas. And all wolves are paying for it."