Chapter Thirty-Nine

Zayn was just outside.

He was outside, on the other side of the street, just standing there and waiting for me to come out.

How he found out I was in Louis' house was beyond me but I was glad Louis' house had the protection I needed that Zayn couldn't just come barging in.

Dylan had left hours ago. He had left after reminding me that I still had to decide what to do with Kevin. And as much as he didn't want to pressure me, Dylan said I needed to decide soon lest I had the whole Eastearth Pack come here and stage a revolt to free their alpha.

Louis was gone too. He said he was going to check on Liam and Cat. Then he was going to check on Gummy as well.

Harry was somewhere in the house. I could hear him shuffling around, busy with whatever it was he was doing. I wondered for a moment if he should even be here with me when I knew his pack probably needed him more. But I also knew he wasn't going to leave me so I decided to be selfish with him for now.

I was cooped up in his room, on his bed with the thick blanket tightly wrapped around me like it could shield me from everything that was happening.

It was getting out of control.

No, that wasn't right. Nothing had been in my control for a while now. It just kept growing into something bigger, with more at stake as well.

What should I do about Kevin? Should I just let him go? Could I just excuse what he did as a temporary lapse due to emotional stress? He shot Zayn and almost killed the both of us. What punishment did that entail?

Why did everyone expect me to just be this lead seer when I didn't know shit? Mikhail was right. I was pretty useless.

What about Cat? I couldn't possibly keep Mikhail away from her forever, could I? I didn't want to hurt Liam like this. I didn't mean for Cat to get caught up in this as well.

And Zayn? Should I ask him to explain to me why he did what Kevin exposed him to be? And if I did let him explain, then what? Do I just forgive and forget? Could I even forget?

I even had a stalker to boot. A stalker that's out to get me for whatever twisted reason. I had to know who he was, and what he wanted with me. I was convinced that knowing these information could keep him from getting me. I needed to find out who he was, especially if he was my father. I mean, what the hell could a father like him want with me now?

I wished Gummy was awake. I wished Mom was still here.

The door slowly creaked open. The smell of chicken soup permeated in the room. I remained huddled in the corner of the bed as I felt it dip from behind me.

"Selene," Harry called softly.

I shuffled lightly to let him know I was awake and that I heard him.

"I cooked some soup. You should get something to eat. You haven't eaten since yesterday."

"I'm not hungry," I said, my voice low.

"I know you don't have an appetite, Sweetheart. But you should at least get a few bites. It's not good to starve yourself."

I just shook my head and wiped away the stray tears that had fallen again.

The weight on the bed lifted and Harry was kneeling in front of me a second later. For a couple of minutes, he just stayed there and wiped my continuous flow of tears. His facial expression shifted from sympathy, frustration, agony, to despair.

"Tell me what I can do, Selene. What can I do to help you?" Harry nearly pleaded. "How can I help ease your pain? Tell me, Selene. Because I'm fucking going crazy here. I can't stand seeing you cry. Let me help you, please."