Chapter Nine

It was like I was floating as I snuggled in closer to the warmth.

I felt so tired that although my brain was waking up, my body wasn't quite there yet.

I heard a faint knock somewhere and I thought that maybe Gummy was coming to wake me up.

"Come in," I heard a raspy voice say as I felt arms wound themselves tighter around me. What the – did I fall asleep with someone? Was I in my room?

I heard the door creak, "Sybil is here."

Gummy! Gummy's here. Did that mean I was in my room?

"She wants to see her granddaughter, Harry."

Harry? Did he just say Harry?

"No."

"You know the rules in Seralune. You can't keep her here."

"I know that. But I-I can't let her out of my sight. Not after..."

"I know. But Sybil is requesting politely. You know who she is around here and we're lucky she's not throwing us out of the town yet."

"She can't keep me away from Selene."

"Why?" the other person, who I think was Louis, said.

Harry didn't respond, he only held me tighter and I felt him bury his face on my hair.

"Harry, there's –"

"I'll talk to Sybil," Harry responded. "I have some questions for her. You stay here and keep an eye on her."

I felt a soft kiss on my forehead and Harry slowly shuffling so that he didn't disturb me. It instantly felt a lot colder when Harry got up from the bed.

I wanted so very much to open my eyes and my mouth. There were so many questions swimming in my head right now. But it seemed like my body wouldn't let me as I could feel sleep pull me back into its arms once more.

Marked by the moon.

I opened my eyes. It was dark and I kept still until my eyes had adjusted to the darkness. I was in my room and I could see a sliver of the moon from my window and it was almost... nostalgic. I started to get up but that was when I realized that an arm was around my waist.

I froze and then I slowly looked back but I couldn't get a good glimpse as to who it was. I tried lifting the arm from my waist but it wouldn't budge so as carefully as I could, I squirmed around until I was facing the beautiful face of Harry.

A lock of his curly hair was over his face so I gently tucked it behind his ear and listened to his soft breathing.

Did Harry come back and stayed over last night?

I paused and I could feel my eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

It seemed as if I was forgetting something. I remember spending the day with Harry and then he took me home. And that was it. When did Harry come over?

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize that Harry had woken up.

"Hey," he said, this voice raspier than usual and still thick with sleep.

My eyes snapped to his. "Hi," I whispered back.

"How do you feel? Does it hurt anywhere?"

I rapidly blinked back at him in confusion. Hurt? Why would I hurt anywhere?

Harry placed his hand on my chin and lifted my face so that I was staring at his eyes. We were so close that I could feel his breath softly fanning my face.