Chapter Forty-Eight

The end.

The end.

The end.

I could hear her chanting the words over and over to me, like a mantra she was embedding into my head.

Howls erupted all around me.

"Damn it, Selene! Don't leave me!" Harry shouted.

"Elle! Where are you?? Come back, Elle!" Zayn exclaimed.

The end.

"Don't go. Don't go. Please I don't know how to live without you anymore. Don't leave me!" Harry continued, his voice desperate and pleading.

"Elle! Damn it! Elle, where are you??" Zayn added with anger and frustration seeping out.

The end.

"Selene, please... please come back!" Harry shouted.

"Elle!" Louis' shouted.

The e-

"You promised you'd always come back!"

I felt my chest swelling as I tried to breathe. I opened my eyes and immediately saw the darkness around me.

Where was I?

I felt like I was floating. And I couldn't breathe.

I desperately looked around to try and get a grasp on where I was. But there was nothing and no one around me.

Nothing but darkness.

Was I dead?

A glimmer caught my eye and I squinted to get a better look. Something was definitely glimmering.

Hope bloomed in my chest.

I tried to move towards it. I moved my hands and legs, but it was like I was flopping around like a fish out of water.

But the glimmer was like the moon. It was giving me hope that there was something amidst this darkness.

I reached out and finally got a hold of something hard and cold. The edges were sharp against my skin but I held tighter.

A burst of light came from what I had touched and I felt warmth slowly creep through my fingers, bubbling outwards like it was creating a tiny air capsule where I could finally breathe.

I still felt like I was floating but it was different this time. It was like something was pushing me upwards until my little bubble broke through the surface.

I was hovering in the middle of the waterfall for a moment. I could feel the wind and the droplets of water against my skin.

But it wasn't cold anymore.

I stared down and there were a couple of figures standing on the rocky shore. All of them were looking up at me, eyes squinting because of the ray of light emanating all around me.

I could hear the collective howls of all the wolves above us, probably on the cliff and watching all of this unfold.

The glimmer slowly faded until what was left was a soft glow that seemed to be coming from my pale skin. I slowly descended until my feet were almost touching the water.

Harry, Zayn, Louis, Dylan, and Liam all stood on the river bank waiting for me. All five of them were dripping wet as well.

I made my way towards them, moving my feet as if I was walking even though there was no ground beneath me.

The emotions in their faces varied. Liam looked relieved to see me, whilst Louis looked both anxious and happy.

Zayn had an awestruck expression. He was looking at me like he hadn't before, with glassy eyes filled with admiration.