Chapter Sixteen

Harry suddenly appeared in front of me, shielding me from Liam.

"Damn it!" Harry snarled, his arm stopping me from moving forward.

Jackson and Jasper appeared out of nowhere, flanking Harry on both sides. I felt Ally's presence behind me.

"Alpha," I heard her say. "We're outside Seralune's boundary."

"I know that," Harry barked back. "We need to push him back."

I could hardly hear them over Liam's screams. I watched in horror as the joints in his arms and legs began to distort, preparing for what was coming.

"Liam!" I screamed again as Liam fell on his back, his body convulsing heavily.

"Shit," Harry said. "We have to carry him!"

Jackson and Jasper ran forward and, in a flash, were carrying Liam. Jackson was lifting his feet while Jasper lifted Liam from his shoulders. No sound was coming out of Liam's mouth now, only the cracks of his bones coming out of his contorting body.

"Run a perimeter now, Ally! Check if anybody's nearby," Harry ordered. Ally was gone in a blink, off to follow Harry's command.

"Where are they taking him?" I demanded. But Harry didn't answer me, and his eyes were glazed over.

"Harry!" I called. He blinked and looked at me. He opened his mouth to speak but Ally was back.

"Clear," was all she said.

"Stay here with Selene. Klaus is on his way. Call Louis!" Harry commanded before he ran after them.

"Wait, Harry!" I said as I tried to run after them. However, Ally gripped my wrist and held me in place.

"Let go, Ally!" I said, planting my feet firmly on the ground and pulling my arm out of Ally's grip. But it was no use. Ally, regardless that she was smaller than me, was very strong.

"Sorry, Selene. Alpha's orders," Ally looked at me apologetically as she continued to hold my wrist.

"But I need to see if Liam's all right," I gasped, finally noticing that tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"He will be, he's just shifting so it'll be extra painful the first time."

"Shifting?" I repeated, my eyes growing large.

"He has a werewolf bite on his arm."

"Ca-can that happen?" I asked.

"Only high-ranking weres have the venom to change a human into a werewolf with their bites," Ally explained.

"I-I need to call Cat."

Ally shook her head then took out her phone and handed it to me, "Call Louis."

My shaking hand took the phone from her but before I could even dial Louis' number, it started ringing. Louis' name flashed on the screen.

"Louis!" I answered the phone.

"Klaus told me everything. I'm on my way to get you," Louis said, all the playfulness from his voice gone.

"Louis, it was Liam. Ally said he's shifting," I cried.

"I know. Just wait for me, okay?" he said. I heard the screech of tires in the background.

"Okay," I hiccupped then I heard the line get cut. Ally and I stood there for a few more minutes until we both heard soft thuds coming from our left.

"It's Klaus," Ally announced. Soon enough, I saw Klaus in wolf form running towards us, stopping about a few feet before us. He locks eyes with me and sorts of bow as if on greeting. He began walking around Ally and me, his eyes darting around on lookout.