Chapter Fifty-Two

A day had passed since I had confronted Harry. He looked like he regretted his answer a split second after he had said it. But then he rearranged his expression into an unreadable one.

I knew he lied.

He knew I knew.

But he stuck with his answer so I excused myself and he left soon after.

We hadn't seen each other again yet. I had waited for him to come this morning like he always did. Only Dylan and Zayn popped in for a bit to say hi though.

It was around three in the afternoon and Louis and I had just arrived in front of his tattoo shop. We had visited Gummy and my Mom's graves and we were supposed to go to Gummy's office next.

"Where's Liam?" I asked.

"Said he was at the police station for some business."

However, Louis got a call saying there was something urgent he needed to attend to in the shop. I told him it was fine. I was already keeping him from doing his job, and I didn't want to interfere anymore than I had.

"Wanna come in?" Louis asked as he cut off the engine.

"Sure," I said.

I stared at the small shop with a huge glass window. A sign hanging by the door said it was the "Moon Mood Tattoo". It looked very normal outside but I could somehow feel the magic that was hidden behind its doors.

The street was actually lined by various shops and boutiques. It wasn't where most people shopped though as it was a bit out of the way from downtown where all the bigger shops and restaurants were. Besides, the shops here opened later than most.

Louis told me it was also mostly because all these shops were a front for the werewolves who owned them in case humans happened to come by. The shops in this part of Seralune mostly catered to clientele of the were kind.

Louis had opened the door for me when I heard my name being called.

I stopped by the door and saw Gail hurriedly walking towards me. She looked as gorgeous as ever, donning a white shirt tucked in some wide-legged jeans and red heels. She was carrying a few shopping bags on her arms.

"Hey Gail, what's u-" I started to say but then I realized something and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Looks like you two need to chat," Louis said. "I'll be inside. Make it quick and stay within sight please."

"You're a-" I started to say as soon as Louis closed the door behind him.

"Rogue, yeah," Gail grinned. "Haven't seen you since the funeral. So, like, how are you?"

I frowned. I didn't realize Gail was there. But there really were a lot of things I disregarded during that timeframe. There's still a lot even up to now but I was slowly trying to get my wits back.

But then again, it was only recently that I could sense if a person was a were or not as well.

"I'm fine," was my automatic reply. "Shopping alone?"

"Yeah. My Mom asked me to, like, get a few stuff."

"Oh, so your parents are..."

Gail nodded, "My youngest brother is a warrior wolf so they thought it'd be, like, best if we moved here you know."

"Why's that?"

"There were rumors that a band of rogues were recruiting ranked rogue wolves so my parents thought it'd be safer to move here."

Wait, what? A band of rogues? Did Gummy know about this?

"I tried telling them we should just join, like, Southfire so we didn't have to move," Gail continued.