Chapter Thirty-Eight

"You understand, Selene? You do, right? Forgive me. Forgive me! She won't let me sleep. She won't leave me alone. Tell me you forgive me," Kevin continued to plead while kneeling beside me.

My eyes were blurry from the tears as I stared at the white ceiling. I could hear a commotion outside - wolf snarls, things falling, bodies banging against walls, glasses breaking.

There was a loud thud on the door and a wolf came crashing inside.

Louis.

He was followed by Harry and Zayn, both in human forms.

They all took one look at me and all three went ballistic.

Louis and Zayn lunged at Kevin, peeling him away from me forcefully. It sent a stabbing pain on my shoulder as Kevin tried to hold on to me. Kevin was shouting at me now, asking me to forgive him repeatedly.

Harry went straight to freeing me, gently removing the duct tape over my mouth and then untying the ropes.

"Don't touch me, don't touch me!" Kevin cried as he tried to push Zayn away from him. Zayn slammed him against the wall, with Louis biting at Kevin's ankles.

Kevin shook Louis off but he couldn't get Zayn to release him. Zayn was, after all, an alpha now. And his rage-fueled strength made it look like he was even stronger than Kevin.

"You! She knows, she knows, you fucking scumbag!" Kevin laughed manically. "She knows, Selene knows!"

Zayn tightened his grip on Kevin's neck, "Shut up, you piece of shit."

Harry gently cradled me while he whispered comforting words to me, telling me I was fine and that he was here - no, everyone was there to save me.

The commotion outside was slowly dying and I just stared blankly at Kevin and Zayn. Louis had come to my side as well, whimpering as he licked my bruised wrists.

Kevin sputtered over the lack of music oxygen. Zayn looked like he was ready to kill Kevin and Harry and Louis weren't stopping him. That was until Dylan arrived and immediately placed a hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"You can't do that. It's extremely against Seralune's sacred law to spill the blood of a werewolf," Dylan exclaimed.

"He kidnapped and hurt Selene!" Zayn said against gritted teeth.

"We'll lock him and the rest of his packmates," Dylan pressed. "But only Selene can decide what happens to them."

Zayn had no choice but to release Kevin. But he did so by flinging Kevin across the room. He crashed against a wall, his feet hitting a large cabinet nearby that toppled over.

Kevin gasped for air but he was sturdy. He got up and his sunken eyes zeroed in on me. He was about to approach me again when Dylan stopped him by knocking him out cold.

But my eyes were trained at Zayn who was still glaring at Kevin as he breathed heavily.

I let out a shaky sob, the pain becoming more unbearable the longer I was there.

Zayn's eyes snapped to mine when he heard my cry. I could see the change in his eyes. The rage slowly melted and was replaced by... fear?

It was in that instant that I knew what Kevin said about Zayn and his father was true. I clung tighter to Harry, "Get me away from him."

Zayn's face fell but I turned away and buried my face on Harry's chest instead.

"Elle," Zayn called but I ignored him and Harry carried me out of the room. I was full on wailing when Harry got in a car, cradling me on his lap and his hand gently rubbing my back.