Chapter Eleven

The sun had risen up high in the sky when I opened my eyes once again. I apparently lost consciousness while the three of us were talking so Harry carried me up to my room. They said a doctor came to check on me and that it was nothing serious, I was just exhausted and needed to rest.

And that was what I was doing right now instead of being in school.

It's been a few hours since my talk with Gummy and since I found out that Harry was a werewolf. Or that werewolves even existed anyway.

Harry was just outside my room, making a few calls. He'd been at it for a while ever since I woke up and he said he was taking care of things so that a few more of his packmates could come to Seralune. When I asked him why he needed to have them come here and why didn't he just go to them, he said he needed them here for backup.

"For what?" I asked.

"Something's gonna happen. I can feel it. Just want to cover all bases," he answered. "Besides, I'm not leaving you."

"I'm fine, Harry," I insisted. "I promise I won't go missing again."

He stared at me as he walked closer to me, sat next to me on my bed, and he held my hands. I could see the small bob of his Adam's apple because of how close he was. His eyes were closed as if he was savoring my presence next to his.

"I know you won't. Do it purposely, anyway. But it's just... I don't know why but I feel like something or someone else is at work here and I just want to make sure," he whispered. "I don't like it. I don't like being away from you."

I removed my hands from his and embraced him instead, "Thank you, Harry."

So there I was, still in bed because Gummy and Harry thought I needed to rest more. They had only really let me get up to go to the bathroom and had even brought me some lunch so that I didn't have to go down.

I had more questions to which I wanted to know the answers to but the two of them said we could talk about it some other time. Gummy had left shortly after that and only told me she was going to do a little digging as to what happened to me and why I couldn't remember where I'd been and some other things.

They both thought that I was overloaded with information that's why I fainted. I didn't think it was because of that, it felt like an entirely different thing. But I let it go for the moment.

I had a lot to process anyway.

Like how I remember that dream I had a few days ago.

It still hurt me whenever I remember Mom's accident and I tried not to think about it most days. And I was determined to do the same now so I focused on remembering the latter part: about the wolves, the crown, and the moon.

Oh, and the prophecy.

I sat up again and scrambled to grab my bag and took out a pen and a notebook. I wrote down this said prophecy on one page of the notebook and then my dream on the other side.

So the prophecy was about a maiden who was apparently going to crown a wolf and declare him as king.

And in my dream, I was chained to two wolves who were howling for me while I had a silver crown on my bleeding hand.

I stared at what I wrote and gulped.

Is this what Gummy and Harry were getting at? I was-

My thoughts were cut as the door of my room opened and Harry came in, "You okay here, Sweetheart?"

I only gaped at Harry in response as another realization dawned to me. Harry's wolf.

Harry's wolf was one of the wolves in my dream.