Chapter Forty-Four

"Are you sure? Yeah, well, just hold the fort for a while longer. We're almost at Seralune," Louis whispered over the phone. "Just chill, Liam! Tell them she's with me so just calm the heck down."

I outstretched my hand over to Louis, silently asking him to give me his phone. The sun had already set and I knew we were a few minutes away from Seralune's borders.

Louis and I had taken our time before going back. Louis said that it would be hectic once I came back so he let me rest in my old home as much as I could.

I had been napping in the car but had woken up in time to silently watch the sun set and the moon to rise. It was like she knew I was on my way back and she was welcoming me home.

Liam had called a few minutes later and I could hear everything that he and Louis had talked about.

All of Eastearth's Betas had arrived in Seralune while I was gone and was demanding to see me. They were apparently protesting in front of my home, causing quite the ruckus as Westwind wolves had been circling my home as well. Mikhail had ordered them to guard over Cat who had been trapped inside as it was the only place Mikhail could not get to her.

There was a crowd of huge men in front of my house and Liam couldn't even cross the front door as well. He tried to yesterday so he could go with Louis to see me but the Westwind wolves almost got to him again.

Mikhail was seriously getting on my nerves.

Louis, who thought I was asleep, looked surprised by my request but he obliged as he handed me the phone.

"Hi, Liam," I said.

"Elle!" Liam exclaimed.

"Hey, yeah, can you just crack open the door a tiny bit and put me on speaker so that they can hear me better?"

"Got it," Liam said and I could hear the creak of the door almost immediately. "I'm putting you on speaker now, Elle."

"Thanks, Liam," I said.

I could hear the low mumble and slight shuffle of feet when they heard Liam speak my name.

"I am going to see Kevin tonight," I laced my voice with my seer tone. "Now leave my home and I will hear everything you want to say in front of your alpha."

"But Lead Seer-" I heard a deep voice start to protest.

"Leave now. I do not want to see you loitering in front of my house when I get there," I ordered.

I waited for a couple of moments as I listened to footsteps fade away. "Now, Westwind. Call Mikhail right now and tell him I will see him when I get there."

I hung up the call and handed it back to Louis.

"Jumping right into business, aren't ya?" Louis said.

"I need to get these out of the way if I want to concentrate on my task."

"Are you gonna tell me what this task is?"

I just shrugged and looked out the window again. We had crossed the border and I could see a couple of wolves welcoming me already. A few of them had started running alongside Niall's rental.

A dark one in particular stood out.

"Is Harry back here too?" I murmured.