Chapter Twenty-Five | Hester House, July 2005

Start from the beginning

"I met her." Said Teddy, walking into Andrew's open arms. He was pulled up onto his lap and the star charts were pushed aside, replaced with a large platter with tea and cakes on it.

"What did you think?" asked Andrew, and Teddy hesitated.

It was another baby. Another Ella, another James, who had been born to his other Godfather just months before. "She's cute." He said, knowing Andrew would take that easily. Taking a little angel cake, Amara's specialty, he cats his eyes downward. He didn't want his weekend spoiled by Hester. This was Teddy's weekend.

"You're not upset, are you Ted?"

Teddy shook his head. "No."

Andrew gave him a long, searching look that Teddy did not meet. "Okay then. I've got a bit of work left, help yourself to whatever's on the bottom shelf."

Sliding off Andrew's lap, Teddy went over to the huge bookshelf that covered the whole back wall of the study. Everything on the bottom shelf was things that Andrew thought Teddy might like, and every time he visited he found something new.

Sitting on the rug, he pulled out a few large, dusty books. They had dates engraved on the front, and upon opening them clouds of dust arose, making Teddy cough - Andrew was too engrossed in his charts to notice.

The first page had a letter, the words written in slanted, flowery letters; Teddy couldn't decipher any of it. Turning the page he was bombarded with a familiar face - though not nearly familiar enough. A scarred, tired looking face.

Remus Lupin looked out at his son from a younger face - still scarred, still tired. But young.

A young woman was on his arm, masses of blonde curls framing another familiar face that Teddy couldn't quite place. The look in his fathers eyes was so tender, the way he looked at Nymphadora Tonks in more recent photos.

The following pages contained more of Remus, smiling, laughing, reading, playing the piano.

Teddy closed the book and got up, going over to the desk. "Andrew?"

"Hm-hmm?" Andrew didn't look up from his work.

"Can you tell me about my Dad?"

Quill stopping mid flourish, Andrew looked up. "Your Dad?"

"Yeah." Teddy toed the ground nervously, and his eyes went a stormy grey - he was nervous.

"Um, sure Ted. What do you want to know?" Another chair moved over on its own, And Teddy got on it, eyes on the ground.

"I don't know."

"Give me something to go on, bud." Andrew tried to speak quietly, in an encouraging, caring voice.