Chapter Seventy-Three | Hogwarts, May 2021

**Uh, sexualish content? There is talk about sex. If you're not going to be mature about it, or don't feel like reading about it, skip it. 

Chapter Seventy-Three 

Hogwarts, May 2021

Spring was in the air, and love seemed to be as well. Hester Bowen could not help the bounce in her step, or the smile on her face – every time she saw James Potter her heart swelled and stomach fluttered.

James was in a similar condition. He babbled to anyone who would listen that he had wooed Hester Bowen – or, that she had welcomed him into her heart. Hester had never dated anyone for more than a month, before she tired of them, or couldn't stand the commitment any longer. Somehow, James was just different.

It was a bright but windy day, and the Gryffindor Quidditch team was practising out on the pitch, and they had a special guest – Montrose Magpie's only female player, Ella.

James had not spent any time around family since he and Hester had gotten together, so as soon as Ella walked onto the pitch he got all jittery. She was a vision of wind and sun, a fierce glint in her eyes that made opposing teams weaken at the knees. You could tell she spent most of her time outside, in the air. She flew more gracefully than most people walked.

"You did good." Ella said after. "You could have a spot on a team, I know it."

James couldn't help but grin. "Thanks, but it's just a hobby."

"Are you sure? I know a couple coaches who would split their broom to have someone like you on their team."

"Yeah, I want to go to journalism school."

"Right, forgot you created the first school paper." Ella looked up at the school, where they were going to meet Hester for lunch. "So Hester is going to heal the world, and you'll report it."

The nervous gnawing in James' stomach returned. He grabbed his water to try and drown it out. "Uh, yeah. That's the plan."

"Have you two had sex yet?"

James choked on his water, spewing it over his robes. "Pardon?" he choked.

"Sorry, but I have to ask."

"U – uh – no." James' whole face was fuchsia, he knew it.

Ella had an amazing poker face, James realized. "You've got what you need to be safe though, or have access?"

"Yeah – yeah, I mean – we're at school –"

Chuckling, Ella shook her head. "I'm not that old James. Everyone finds a way, I did – I'm sure our parent's generation did, too. Well, not my parents."

James wasn't sure if he'd ever been this mortified. "Ella, there's nothing to worry about. I treat Hester right –"

"Jonathan treated me right." Said Ella softly, gaze somewhere far away. They had stopped walking, Hogwarts looming in front of them. "You love her, so I know you don't want her to have to go through what I did. You were there, you saw me – it was not easy, James."

"I never thought –"

"Exactly. Not thinking leads to my situation. I don't want Hester to ever feel this way." She smiled at him, revealing she was not angry, just cautious. "You two will be fine, for a long time."

"You think we'll last?"

Her eyes searched his, as Harry had done. "Don't you?"

"I do." James straightened, nodding firmly. "I really do."