Chapter Forty-Eight | London, October 2016

Chapter Forty-Eight

London, October 2016

            "HURRY UP! YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT! GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ARSE TRAINEES, C'MON, C'MON – LETS GET GOING!"

Teddy blew turquoise hair out of his eyes as he ran the obstacle course. Usually he didn't like the fitness tests, they were mind numbing; he preferred the courses where things popped out and you had to duck spells (supposed to be killing curses but really tickling charms). Teddy liked to keep his mind on edge, working, constantly looking for your next target or way out.

Not recently, though. Since graduating from Hogwarts, telling Max that he couldn't do it anymore...he would take any distraction he could. If that was going to night clubs with Mitzie in London or Auror training – he would do it.

The class came to a close, but Teddy didn't feel like thinking yet. He stood at the side of the course with some of his classmates. The Auror training all took place underground, beneath London universities; the witches, wizards and Muggles shared a campus in harmony, which promoted magic folk to learn how to integrate.

After hitting the showers, the trainees took the elevators up to the Muggle university and headed outside. The leaves were falling onto the campus and students were milling around, a friend suggested they go to a pub close by. There was a Muggle sport on that night, and it was amusing to watch them go crazy over it.

"Teddy!"

Teddy turned, looking across the campus lawn. His eyes widened, legs wobbled – Max was jogging towards him, a wild look in his eye.

"What're you doing here?" Teddy asked as he was just a foot away.

Max replied by throwing himself at Teddy, kissing him with more than he ever had in a broom closet – and in front of most of Teddy's class, too!

He pulled away, beaming. "I love you, Ted." He said, then louder. "I LOVE TED LUPIN!" This caused the Auror students to cheer.

Teddy laughed, throwing his head back. "But you said –"

"I know what I said, and I don't fucking care anymore." Max's words fell out of his mouth, as if he couldn't say them fast enough. "I want to just be out, with you. Together."

"You're sure?"

"I just kissed you in front of all these people, didn't I?"

Teddy looked around; his mates were smiling at him. "Let's go somewhere. Anywhere. My place."

"How about something public?" Max asked with a grin.

Teddy smiled. "Sounds good."

A/N: MY BOYS YASSSS.

Question: Where will these two head next, huh? What a big step for Max! Thoughts?

Rose