FAQ & Extras

FAQ & Extras

Welcome to the FAQ and extras of the Bowen Series!

Here, I write up answers to questions I have received over the past...well...three and a half years? Yeah. Obviously, I paraphrased a few to broaden them a bit, or smushed several questions into one.

After these questions are – yes, you read correctly! – EXTRA SHIT! That means the chunk of epilogue I completely removed because I hated it and other stuff. These extras include a chat between Hazel and Sirius, a scene where Teddy and Max go to the adoption clinic, and a little drabble about the Nelson-Bowen Babes, then some other stuff.

Thanks for the wild ride folks, and please, enjoy!

Why did you start this series?

I was in a terrible situation, very depressed and in the throes of an eating disorder. I wanted an escape. Writing Hazel probably saved my life.

How did this idea first come into your mind?

Uh, well. I was not paying attention in class, and I started writing, and tada there was Hazel. I was also very depressed, and I admired Hazel's ability to get through the worst possible shit life could throw at you. She gave me strength. And something to do, 'cause I had no friends. Yeah, sad, I know.

Can you list what all of Andrew's children look like?

Sure can! There are four to keep track of, and lets be honest – I probably messed up a bit on their appearances throughout the book, and I created them.

Ella – Blonde curls, blue eyes

Hester – 'Cinnamon' curls, blue eyes

Robin – 'Cinnamon' curls, brown eyes

Maeve – Blonde curls, 'sea glass eyes'

And here's Teddy and Max, just cause:

Teddy –Light brown waves, blue eyes (naturally, when he's not mucking about)

Max – Dark red curls, brown eyes

What are Hazel, Sonia, Andrew, and Andrew's kids' full names? Have they been mentioned and I just didn't notice?

They're hidden in there somewhere, but it is all mentioned very quickly, don't worry about it.

Hazel Florence, Sonia Lily, Andrew Winston Severus, Hazel (Ella) Nevine, Hester Ines, Robin Remus, and Maeve Sonia, Maxwell Sirius, Theodore Remus.

How many grandchildren do Sonia and Andrew have?

Sonia has two granddaughters and a grandson, and Andrew was a total of ten. Holy moly, that's a lot of grandchildren. He is in HEAVEN, trust me. (Four granddaughters, six grandsons). See below for names and dates of birth.

Who do all the kids end up with, what are their kids' names, when are they born? Why did you choose these names?

I chose them mostly because they sounded nice, and I thought they were the sort of names the couples would choose. Max and Teddy are sentimental beings, so they their daughters' middle names are after dead loved ones. And Margo means 'pearl', which is just pretty, and I think they wanted her to have a name that meant something precious. Hester is a simple, straight-forward person, her kids have simple, straight-forward names. Daisy, Robin's wife, probably won the battle for the first two girls (Flower names are nice and reasonable, but these are a little – ah – less reasonable, but lovely all the same). Robin is a space nerd, so he adopted the old House of Black tradition and named his last three kids after stars (references that no normal human being will ever understand, but does he care? No. Not a bit.)