T H I R T Y E I G H T

»»»

Jin is sat across the koala, carefully waiting for the hybrid to awake from his knocked out state. Even now, with a bruised up face, the man is the most beautiful person he's ever seen.

It makes him sick, his stomach feels troubled and his heart is aching.

All he wants is to tenderly cup his face and kiss him, but he can't. He'd kiss lips that didn't want his as much as he wanted it.

He'd kiss the lies he'd been told.

His hands tighten around his gun as he throws his head back in frustration, staring at the ceiling as if there the answer will magically appear.

Though, the answer is clear.

Kim Namjoon must die.

Nobody betrays the Kim brother's like he did and lives to tell about it. Nobody.

Yet he feels something inside him stir as he thinks about it. How hard could it be? Aim and pull the trigger. It only has to last a second and then it's over. Just another name on the long list of murders he's committed.

Yet he finds himself staring at the hybrid in admiration, only falling in love more every second.

After all, he has been hard on the koala. He has manipulated, abused and hurt the man in ways that he should be locked up for. And through all that Namjoon stayed true to himself, not giving in to the manipulating words and action.

He never lost himself along the way, and maybe that's why he fell in love. Because Namjoon was Namjoon, no matter who he himself was or became.

And maybe that's why right now, he loves the koala more than ever before.

"Jin?" With squinted eyes the koala looks at him. Fear but also a certain confidence, Namjoon knew what he got himself into and he knows the consequence.

"Joonie." Jin says, voice unsteady and broken. "Joonie, why did you do it?" He asks softly approaching the tied up koala.

"You know why I did it, Jin. You know me." Namjoon says and Jin nods softly straddling the younger. "You were never meant to be mine, weren't you?"

Namjoon shakes his head. "You're not a good person Jin."

Tears fill the elder's eyes. "But I was trying to Joonie, I was changing. For you." He says softly taking his gun off its safety.

"You can't change Jin, and even if you could. I could never wait that long."

Jin smiles sadly. "So you did love me?" He asks aiming the gun upwards. Ready to pull the trigger.

"I've lived with you for seven years, part of me started caring but I never loved you Jin." Namjoon says honestly, know he can because today he's dying.

Jin pulls out a knife with his free hand, moving it to the back of Namjoon's wrists, cutting the rope as he places the gun against the koala's chin.

Leaning forward he presses his forehead against Joon's. Tears in his eyes as with all his willpower he tries to pull the trigger.

But he can't, because the only person he ever held dear, more than is mother, more than his brother is at the other end.

"I can't do it Joonie."

"Can't do what? Pull the trigger?" Namjoon asks, voice shaking as he stares into Jin's eyes, seeing the pain and heartbreak he caused in an already broken man.

"No." Jin whispers before moving the gun an inch back against his own chin.

"I can't live without your love."

And then he pulls the trigger.

»»»

Y'all wanted Jin dead right...