T H I R T Y F I V E

»»»

"Please stop humping the furniture!" Namjoon says as Jungkook is desperately trying to relieve himself on every surface that cam offer friction.

But Jungkook remains a good boy and stops to go hump Namjoon instead.

"No! Don't hump me either!"

Jungkook groans in frustration, roughly pushing Namjoon against a wall. "Bunny wants TaeTae! Bring Bunny TaeTae!" He yells before angrily kicking the couch.

He stomps through the room. "Stupid koala took Minnie away! Now TaeTae! Bunny hates you!" He yells lashing out to swipe the glass water Namjoon tried to give him before all this happened.

The glass flies through the room and smashed against a wall.

Namjoon is lost, he doesn't know what to do. Animal's in rut are often know to get aggressive but bunnies? They don't strike him as the aggressive type, but maybe he's wrong.

"Jungkook listen to me, I know this is your first rut and all—"

"Suddenly Jungkook burst into tears. Hurts Joonie! Want TaeTae, TaeTae always helps bunny! Joonie help bunny please." He cries curling up into a ball. "KooKoo don't like, KooKoo wanna go home."

"Kookie." Namjoon sighs. "I'm not going to have sex with you or anything—"

And Jungkook is back to being mad, jumping up to his feet he swipes Namjoon's glass.

"This is Joonies fault! Joonie made TaeTae go away!" He yells before leaping forward ready to pounce on the koala but Namjoon is quicker and dodges the bunny who stumbles head first into the wall.

He immediately starts crying before growing entirely silent.

No more cries leaving his lips, no more crying about TaeTae, and despite feeling relieved that there's no yelling anymore Namjoon feels like something's wrong.

He leans down, softly nudges the bunny, and with a sad expression the bunny looks up.

"Minnie is in a better place." He mumbles sadly. "And TaeTae is gone."

Namjoon blinks in confusion, did his rut stop? Why? What happened? He nervously chews his bottom lip.

"Do you feel okay?" He asks nudging the bunny again.

"KooKoo sad." He whispers tears in his eyes but not spilling out.

"Do you want to drink or eat? Maybe nap?" Namjoon asks as he stares at the bunny who's sitting on the floor in defeat, ears droopy and shoulders hung low.

"Do you feel your rut?" He asks but Jungkook merely shrugs as he stares at his hands. "Want TaeTae." He mumbles before looking at the koala.

Namjoon sighs grabbing the laptop he bought, a laptop Jin and Taehyung don't know he bought so they can't locate the IP-address.

Searching up the phone number of the home Jungkook came from, he's quick to dial it with a burner phone.

"Good morning it's—"

"Remember Jungkook, the bunny hybrid." Namjoon immediately interrupts the man.

"Yes? Why?"

"This is Kim Taehyung's assistant and he asked me to call why his Bunny is behaving a certain way, since my boss is out of the country he can't call himself." Namjoon lies smoothly, eyes on the bunny that hasn't moved an inch.

"Ah of course, what kid of behaviour is the bunny displaying?" The man asks and Namjoon sighs.

"He's hit first rut and was very emotional, mainly sad to be away from Taehyung. He was very angry them very sad until turning completely silent and still." Namjoon explains. "He said he's sad—"

"Ah you must immediately get Mr Kim! Bunnies bond with people, especially when in rut bunnies will need emotional support from someone they trust and love. Like I explained to Mr Kim, bunnies could die if suddenly separated from someone they've bonded with. They're bodies shut down as they basically give up the will to live due to sadness." Namjoon's eyes widen as he stares at the sad bunny.

"Bodies shutting down, including stopping the rut?"

"Yes, but no worries. They stop eating and drinking which causes their body to stop functioning. You can just get Mr Kim and all should be fine, he must've left suddenly and the rut has triggered a lot of emotions."

"Ah but Mr Kim is currently in another country across the world." Namjoon lies.

"Ah no worries! I remember his brother buying Jimin, the panda hybrid. Just get him to come over." The man says and Namjoon is silent for a second, unsure of what to say.

"Will do, thank you." With that he hangs up before turning to the bunny and dropping to his knees.

"You're okay bunny, you're not sad. TaeTae is just gone for a little." But the bunny just shrugs as he looks at Joonie.

"TaeTae make bunny feel good."

Namjoon sighs.

"We can't go back bunny, I can't go back, they'll kill me." He says softly trying to touch the bunny, only for the hybrid to burst into tears.

"TaeTae." He cries.

"Oh bunny." Namjoon sighs. "Don't make me choose between my life and yours."

»»»

What will Namjoon do?