Chapter 47- Hunger

Hunger

It had been about two weeks since Bella and Edward had returned home

It had been about two weeks since Bella and Edward had returned home. In that short time, Bella was already looking worse for wear. The herbs that Charlotte had told me about only worked so much. The baby was feeding on her energy and whatever we gave her to eat or drink. We had also not fed for those two weeks and I was feeling it more than anyone.

"Lilian, are you okay," Esme asked as I came in with more herbs. I looked at her, seeing her eyes black as well.

"I'm hungry, Esme."

"We all are. I promise we'll eat soon," she told me. I sniffed the air, a familiar smell coming to me, "Jacob was here. He saw Bella."

"Who let him in?"

"I had hoped he would talk Bella into getting rid of the baby," Edward answered. I turned on him, growling.

"That's not your choice. She wants to keep this baby, Edward. She is keeping it," I said. He bowed his head and I went to work on blending the herbs into a smoothie for Bella. When I went into the room to give it to her, Edward quickly rushed outside.

"Another special smoothie," Bella asked. Her face had sunken in and she was basically skin and bones at this point. I handed it to her and she sighed. As she drank it, I noticed she drank it faster than the rest. I looked at the vein on her neck pulsing with each faint heart beat.

"Lilian," Jasper spoke, distracting me. I leaned into him, weak. Bella looked up at me before pointing to her teeth. I quickly turned away, struggling to control myself, "We'll feed tonight."

"Not going to be possible," Edward stated as he entered the room. Jacob was soon behind him, not looking any happier than Edward, "Tell them."

Everyone gathered in the living room and Jacob sat down with us, "Sam's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"We won't get through without a fight," Emmett replied.

"No fights," Carlisle interjected. Even if we wanted to, none of us were strong enough to take on an entire pack, "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind."

"Not in ours," Esme stated.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks," Emmet pointed out.

"We'll make do."

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you," Carlisle spoke. I stood up and exited the room, no longer able to stand in there with Jacob's blood rushing through his veins stronger than Bella's. Jasper followed after me. I punched the wall and a painting fell from it.