Chapter 14- James

James

When we exited the taxi we had taken from the hotel, it began to sink in that we were walking into a death trap

When we exited the taxi we had taken from the hotel, it began to sink in that we were walking into a death trap. I looked over at Bella, finding it had sunk in for her as well. She looked back over to me, a frown on her face.

"I still don't understand why you chose to wear that," she commented, gesturing to my all black outfit.

"Hey, I'm in movable clothing. You're in jeans and a jacket. One of us had to dress smart, seeing as how that person is going to be doing the fighting," I said to her. She took a deep breath before looking back at the double front doors. She walked bravely up to them, throwing one of them open. I followed behind, making sure to keep a distance. We had to make sure James thought she came alone.

"Bella? Bella? Bella? Where are you," Bella's mom cried out. Bella took off towards the sound.

"Mom!"

"Bella?"

"Here you are! What are you doing in here," she asked as Bella flung the doors to the closet open. Inside was a television playing a home video.

"Everyone makes fun of me," young Bella whined.

"You are a wonderful dancer."

"Mom, I suck," young Bella protested. There was a haunting laughter and we looked around, finding James's reflection in all of the mirrors until he began moving where we could finally see him.

"That's my favorite part. You were a stubborn child, weren't you," James asked. I spun around, trying to find him, but couldn't.

"She's not even here," Bella stated. James pinned her against the wall, making her gasp.

"Sorry," he said, breathing in her scent, "But you really made it too easy. So, to make things more entertaining, we are gonna make a little film of our time together," James said as he waved a video camera in front of her face, "I borrowed this from your house. Hope you don't mind. Okay, and... Action!"

"I think a video is a little overboard and border line creepy, don't you think," I spoke up. He growled, glaring at Bella.

"I told you to come alone," he said to her. He clicked his tongue before shaking his head in disappointment, "This will break Edward's little heart."

"Edward has nothing to do with this," Bella said, pushing against his arm. He pushed her back against the wall and I made a move forward, but Bella shook her head.