Chapter 16- Birthday

Birthday

I really don't like celebrating my birthday," Bella whined as she entered my house to find Charlotte with a present

"Nonsense, another year alive should be celebrated. Now, Veronica, sorry, Lilian never told me what you liked. I decided this would do fine for a teenage girl," Charlotte told her. She took the box reluctantly, slowly unwrapping it. She opened the gift box, finding a book, "It's a cookbook full of devilish recipes. I showed some to your father and he seemed quite excited to try some."

"Um, thanks, Charlotte," Bella said, giving her a smile.

"Well, we should get to school," I spoke up, grabbing Bella's arm. She quickly nodded in agreement and we quickly walked out of the house. I paused, finding two cars in front of my house instead of just one. Jasper stepped out of the Jeep, smiling at me, "I thought we were all carpooling in one car," I said.

"Jasper wanted some alone time with you," Edward informed me. I walked over to Jasper, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pressed his cold lips against mine and like always, I melted under them.

"I missed you," he told me.

"You guys saw each other yesterday morning," Edward laughed. I glared at him.

"Doesn't mean he can't still miss me," I said. He held up his hands in mock defense before kissing Bella. I turned back to Jasper, smiling once more, "I missed you too."

"Wanna race," he asked, his eyes turning playful.

"Let's take that as our cue to head to school," Edward told Bella. They waved to us before getting into the car and leaving. I stripped out of my clothes, leaving my bra and underwear on. I handed the clothes to Jasper. I went behind a bush and took off the others. Jasper walked up to the bush so I could add them to the pile in his arms.

"No peeking," I said as he looked down at me. He chuckled.

"I'm always a gentleman, ma'am," he said. I rolled my eyes before shifting into my wolf form. I started running, but Jasper wasn't far behind with the Jeep. I took a shortcut through the woods, arriving at the house before him. Esme waited with me and when Jasper saw he lost, he frowend.

"Don't worry, I somewhat cheated," I informed him. He handed me my clothes and I quickly got dressed. Esme left then, telling me the lunch would have to be pizza since she was going hunting. Jasper and I hung out in his room, watching whatever was on the movie channel. I had laid my head in his lap while he played with my hair. I msut have drifted off to sleep because when I opened my eyes I was no longer in his room, but in the forest.