Chapter 29- Saving Edward

Saving Edward

"Looks like Bella is back," Landon commented as he stared out the window, "Looks like Jacob's with her

"Looks like Bella is back," Landon commented as he stared out the window, "Looks like Jacob's with her."

"So she did go to see him. Are you just going to stand there and spy on them," I questioned.

"Don't you want to," Landon asked. I scrambled over to him, knowing I did. I looked outside, seeing the couple in the car. They were talking until soon Bella was exiting the car and it seemed like Jacob was yelling at her. I pulled my hair behind my ear so I could hear better.

"Ausculto," I whispered.

"If a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. The treaty says we can only defend our own lands," Jacob shouted at her, "I can't protect you here."

"Okay, it's okay. You don't have to," Bella assured him.

"You're about to cross a line."

"Then don't draw one, please," Bella said before going inside. Jacob punched Bella's car door shut before running off. I backed out from under Landon's arm, not believing what I was hearing. I slipped into my shoes before leaving the house, making my way to Bella's.

I threw open the door, finding Bella in the living room with Alice. I felt like my heart was being squeezed and I let out a gasp. Alice and Bella looked at me, surprised to see me standing there.

"What are you doing here," I demanded, "You left. You all left."

"It's just Alice, Lilian," Bella assured me.

"Doesn't make me feel any better, Bella. What are you doing back, Alice," I asked, my voice dripping with so much venom that Alice flinched.

"I had a vision of Bella dying."

"I went cliff jumping at the reservation, but didn't take into account the weather," Bella explained, "Jacob saved me."

"Lilian," I heard Landon call before he entered the house. He noticed Alice sitting on the couch, but since he had never met the Cullens, he didn't know who she was.

"Who is this," Alice asked, looking Landon up and down. He grabbed me protectively, as if sensing the stressful situation.

"This is Landon, her boyfriend," Bella answered for me.

"You've moved on," Alice stated.

"Yes, I did, because I wasn't going to wait around for something that was never going to happen," I spat. Jacob appeared and I turned to Landon.