Chapter 49- Nessie

Nessie

I was just waking up whenever it happened

I was just waking up whenever it happened. Bella was awake. Jasper and I headed downstairs as she went out to hunt, taking Edward with her. I took Renesmee from Rosalie as we waited for Bella and Edward to return. Nessie stared up at me before placing a hand on my cheek. She showed me a vision of me smiling at her for the first time. I could tell she was happy.

"You're going to see your mommy soon, Nessie. You can show her your special power too," I cooed at her. She giggled before looking down at Bree who was reading a book. I sat down beside her and she read aloud for Nessie.

Renesmee loved hearing people read. Jasper did it often while Edward played piano. It was one of her favorite things. Music and reading. Jacob stood from his seat across the room, his eyes leaving Renesmee to look outside. Edward and Bella must be back. I heard Bella's laugh and I rose to my feet, Renesmee stirring in my arms. She knew her mother was close. After a few minutes passed, Jacob entered the house with the couple close behind. Bella's eyes searched the room for her daughter, who was just as eager to see her.

"Welcome to the family," Esme greeted.

"You look amazing, Bella," Alice added.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you."

"Lilian," Edward said and I stepped forward. Nessie turned in my arms, her chocolate brown eyes falling on her mom. Bella walked up to me and I held her out to Bella. Renesmee placed a hand softly on her cheek, causing Bella to gasp as she was hit with whatever Renesmee wanted to show her.

"What was that," Bella asked as the vision ended. Renesmee smiled, proud of herself.

"She showed you the first memory she has of you."

"Showed me? How?"

"How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? How does Jasper feel and control emotions? She's gifted," Edward answered. Bella beamed down at Renesmee, but I noticed the sadness in her eyes. She was realizing how grown Renesmee was.

"I've only been out for two days?"

"Her growth rate is unprecedented," Carlisle explained. Bella held Renesmee, taking in her daughter and every feature. I looked around the room, noticing Jacob's nervous behavior. Jasper felt it too.

"This should be good," Jasper whispered in my ear. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"All right. That's enough experimenting for one day," Jacob interjected, stepping forward to take Renesmee.

"Jacob. She's doing great."

"Yeah. Let's not push it though," Jacob replied before taking another step forward.

"What's your problem," Bella demanded, taking her daughter out of Jacob's reach.

"Oh. Do tell her, dog," Rosalie sneered. Emmett stood by his mate, his grin growing wide at the thought of the fight that was about to ensue.

"This should be good," he spoke, echoing what Jasper has said before.

"Hold on a second," Edward interjected, taking Renesmee from Bella. She looked confused on why her  baby was taken away, but she knew that Jacob had something to do with it. Her eyes narrowed at him and Jacob stepped back from her.

"Bella. Look, it's a wolf thing-."

"What's a wolf thing," Bella growled as she continued to back Jacob up until they were nearly outside on the back porch.

"Um, you know we have no control over it. We can't choose who it happens with. And it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise."

"Take Renesmee out of the room," Bella ordered. Rosalie eagerly took Renesmee before leaving the room. Edward tried to calm down his mate, placing a calming hand on her shoulder, "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you."

"We really should stop this," Jasper spoke, "She is still a newborn."

"Let's let it play out, just for a moment," I smirked. Bella grabbed Jacob by his neck before throwing him further outisde.

After throwing Jacob out of the house, Bella shouted at him, "You imprinted on my daughter?"

"It wasn't my choice!"

"She's a baby," Bella growled. Her motherly instincts were kicking in, but I was surprised by her restraint. I would have ripped Jacob's head off by now. Bella was still ten feet from him, haven't not laid a hand on him yet.

"It's not like that. You think Edward would let me live if it was," Jacob cried out.

"I'm still debating it," Edward admitted. All attention went back to Bella now. Everyone was scared of what she could do.

"I've held her once! One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine," Bella said. She crossed the distance while she had spoken and now with one hit, she sent Jacob sprawling on the ground. Leah and Seth showed up then, sensing their new alpha was in danger.

"It's fine, Leah."

"You're gonna stay away from her."

"You know I can't do that," Jacob told her in a desperate voice. Bella ignored his plea and punched him in the gut. She was hell bent on getting him to submit. He fell down again with Leah growling at Bella, ready to strike the moment she was given permission.

"Stop her, Edward," Esme pleaded.

"He said it's fine. She's amazing, right?"

"Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me 3 days ago? That's gone now, right," Jacob asked Bella. Without hesitation she answered.

"Long gone."

"Because it was her. From the beginning it was Nessie who wanted me there," Jacob told her. I bit my cheek to stop from laughing.

"She isn't any happier with that nickname," Jasper said into my ear.

"Told him she wouldn't be," I chuckled.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster," Bella screamed. She moved to attack Jacob, but Seth got in the way. She shoved him away from her, causing him to fly into a tree. With a whimper, Bella's rage disappeared and was replaced with worry. Her bloodlust for Jacob seemed almost gone. I wanted to heal Seth, but I wasn't able to anymore. All I could do was watch him try and shake off the pain.

" Seth, are you okay," Jacob asked. He got a whimper in reply as Seth rose from the ground.

"Seth, I'm sorry."

"He'll be all right. Bella, you know me better than anyone. All I want is for Ness- Renesmee to be safe. Happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You. Me. Any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason," Jacob said. Bella saw reason there. She didn't try and attack Jacob again, but didn't give him any type of reply either. She turned and headed back inside, Edward following behind her.

"Well, that was anti climatic," I sighed.

"She has incredible restraint for a newborn," Jasper agreed, "I was actually looking forward to a fight."

"Well, if a fight is what you're looking for," Emmett joked before stepping towards him. They began to brawl where Bella and Jacob had been. I rolled my eyes at their antics. For a moment, everything seemed almost perfect. However, within the coming months, we would soon find ourselves thinking forever was shorter than we had expected.