Chapter 5- Unnatural

Unnatural

As I sat on the hospital bed next to Bella, the doors burst open to reveal Charlotte and Charlie, "Veronica, what in heavens happened," Charlotte demanded, rushing to my side

"Bells. Are you alright," Charlie asked, assessing his daughter.

"I'm fine, dad. Calm down. We're fine."

"I'm so sorry, guys. I tried to stop."

"It's okay," I assured Tyler.

"It sure as hell is not okay," Charlie growled.

"Dad, it's not his fault-."

"We nearly lost you two."

"But you didn't."

"Charlie is right, that was too close of a call. I knew we should have home schooled you," Charlotte frowned, looking over at me. I grabbed Charlotte's hand, giving her a serious look.

"If you home school me, Charlotte, I'll jump in front of a car willingly."

"You can kiss your license goodbye," Charlie told Tyler.

"I heard the Chief's daughter was here," a man with golden blonde hair spoke. Charlotte instantly straightened her shirt, smiling at the doctor.

"Good. Dr. Cullen."

"I've got this one, Jackie," the doctor spoke, taking the chart from the nurse. He then shined a light in my eyes then Bella's. He felt around my head and I winced as he found a tender spot, "You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-rays show no indication of concussion."

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I'm really-," Charlotte walked over to his side before pulling the curtain to divide him from us.

"It would have been a lot worse if Edward hadn't knocked me out of the way. Jasper was the one that saved Veronica."

"Edward and Jasper? Your boys," Charlie questioned the doctor.

"It was amazing they got to us so fast. They were nowhere near us."

"As long as you're safe."

"Dr. Cullen is right. Praise Satan I don't have to plan a funeral," Charlotte said, "Now, doctor, is my Veronica all set to go? We're having rabbit tonight and I would hate to have that on the stove for too long."