Chapter 51- New Recruits

New Recruits

As more people came, more people found our cause interesting

As more people came, more people found our cause interesting. Renesmee won them over and my situation helped prove what we explained was true. Jasper had been wary of my pregnancy, knowing that I was stronger than Bella, but if I died I wouldn't come back. Carlisle helped alleviate some of his worries, but not his over protectiveness.

I wasn't allowed to train with everyone and I could only watch to see what the others could do. Kate stayed with me mostly and we built a bond. I hadn't called Charlotte or my father, knowing that in them knowing would only being pain. Dad couldn't see, he couldn't come by. His presence near me would bring back that darkness. Charlotte wouldn't want to leave his side either, and I would never force her.

Jasper had other ideas.

"The presence of more vampires is clear in this home," I heard the familiar voice state from the entry way. I jumped to my feet, wobbling from unsteadiness. Kate helped me and took me to Charlotte. Jasper was there, helping with her coat and I knew he was behind her presence.

Her eyes fell on my stomach, which wasn't too big yet, but a bump was evident. She crossed over to me, wrapping her arms around me, "Charlotte."

"Praise Satan, I thought I would never see this day. Have you thought of a dark baptism yet? Is it a boy or girl?"

"Wait, am I missing something? Are we praising the devil," Kate asked, confused over Charlotte's outburst.

"We are witches, darling. Our gifts are from the devil himself and no doubt this is another gift," she replied to Kate. I tried to lock eyes with Jasper, but he was avoiding my gaze, "Don't be mad at him, Lilian. He knew I would be the only one to help you."

"I didn't want to take you from dad."

"Don't worry. He's got his hands full with new pups in New Orleans. Besides, there is a war coming. I did not come alone," she assured me. She gestured for us to follow her and we headed out back to find small wolves and Jacob's pack mingling as well as five women in a huddled circle, observing, "Sisters, meet Lilian."

The women walked over to us and I could tell everyone was nervous of them, including the Amazons. The first one was a woman with beautiful dark skin decorated with tattoos that looked both old and new. Her eyes were a brilliant green, almost catlike. She wore a long white dress with a yellow shawl draped over her shoulders. Her hair was tied up and wrapped in a scarf.

"My name is Marie Laveau," she smiled wickedly before grasping my hand. She closed her eyes and I felt her pull in my mind, "A very interesting life you have lived. Yet still so young. Echanté," she said. Her tone was accented with a thick French accent.

"The voodoo queen's descendant. She bares the name, but is just as deadly as her ancestor," Charlotte informed me. The next woman behind her was almost green with a tattoo of a snake from her ankle to her neck. She wore a black dress with a slit up her leg that bore the snake. She curtsied to me before appearing behind me and sniffing my hair then appearing in front of me again, "This is Adelinda. She was cursed with the mark of a serpent. She herself is a snake personified."