Chapter 15- New Orleans

New Orleans

When I woke up in the hospital, Jasper was there waiting

When I woke up in the hospital, Jasper was there waiting. When he saw my eyes open, relief washed over his face, "Where's Bella?"

"Safe, despite a broken leg," he answered, "You scared me, Lilian. I thought I had lost you."

"Never," I vowed, grabbing his hand. He smiled, bringing it up to his lips, "Where is Charlotte?"

"She went to get something to eat. She was performing healing spells when the nurses weren't in here. Lilian, they had you on life support for a couple days," he informed me. I pressed a button near me, raising the bed so that I was sitting up.

"I need to talk to Charlotte," I said, throwing the blankets off of me. He looked at me confused as I began ripping the cords from my body. The machines began beeping when they couldn't read me anymore, but I continued until I was free. Jasper grabbed my arm as I hopped out of the bed. A nurse ran into the room, frowning instantly when she saw I had done.

"You need to get back into that bed," she instructed me.

"I need to see Charlotte," I repeated. I pushed past her, opening up the door to the hallway. Rosalie and Carlisle were standing a few doors down when they saw me exit.

"Lilian," Rosalie asked. I saw Charlotte rushing down the hallway, pausing when she saw me walking. I ran to her until I was able to throw my arms around her. I began crying, squeezing her. She held me back, letting me cry into her shirt.

"I remember what happened, Charlotte," I sobbed, "I remember my mom, the wolf, I remember it all," I told her. She squeezed me harder now, understanding why I was so upset. I heard Edward's voice, probably informing the others of my thoughts.

When I finally calmed down, Charlotte led me back to my room, Jasper not too far behind. Charlotte told the nurse to hold off on reconnecting me to the machines. We shut ourselves in the room, Charlotte still holding me.

"I'm sorry I took those memories from you, Veronica, but you have to realize that a memory that traumatic, that heart breaking, it causes witches to go into a dark headspace. I wanted to save you from that," she told me. I nodded. She wiped the tears from my cheeks before kissing my forehead, "Promise me that if you feel yourself heading down that path from these memories, you will tell me."

"I promise."

"You seem all healed," she commented, changing the subject, "How is your throat? That was what I was most worried about. The bite scarred, but thanks to Edward, you should be fine."