Chapter 34- Senior Jitters

Senior Jitters

I had managed to avoid the Cullen family entirely while Landon kept his promise and stayed beside me at all times

I had managed to avoid the Cullen family entirely while Landon kept his promise and stayed beside me at all times. I had spent time with my dad, trying to make up for lost time. Charlotte was even happier, it seemed like everything was falling in place.

"My fellow students. Cool. Right? Wow. Okay, right," Mike was saying as he tried helping Jessica write her graduation valedictorian speech, "Cute. We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe."

Landon chuckled as he munched on his carrots. I was leaning against him as he had one arm draped over me. I stole one of his carrots and laughed as he gave me a sad look.

"Nice," Angela spoke, finding Mike as amusing as the rest of us.

"Blah, blah, blah. Perfect. And got your self a speech," he told Jessica as he tore a page from the notebook and handing it to her. She looked down at the paper before looking at him.

"No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So, thank you," was her response as she crumpled up the paper and threw it at his face.

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," Landon said, putting his imput in. Eric nodded in agreement.

"They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians."

"And that is why none of you boys are valedictorian," I told them before grabbing another carrot, "And Jess doesn't need cliches. Her speech is gonna be epic."

"Epic? It'll change lives," Jessica said, beaming. She went silent for a second and I looked at what made her finally quiet. Alice and Jasper were carrying trays and heading in our direction. I saw Jasper's eyes fall on me. I ignored the sadness in his eyes, turning my attention back to Jess.

"Just let me know if you want me to come over and help you write this. I could use some space from home," I suggested. She nodded as Alice and Jasper took a seat beside Edward and Bella.

"I've decided to throw a party," Alice announced to the group.

"After all, how many times we gonna graduate high school," Jasper added. I noticed Edward hide a smile. The others were completely oblivious to the fact that they shared a table with three vampires who had graduated high school more times than Jessica could count.

"A party? At your place," Angela asked, shocked by the information.

"I've never seen your house."

"No one's ever seen their house."

"Another party, Alice," Edward asked, stressed.

"It'll be fun."

"Yeah. That's what you said last time," both Bella and I said. I noticed Alice's eyes glaze over and I pulled from Landon's grip. I muttered a spell before grabbing her hand. I was sucked into whatever vision she was having. There was an unfamiliar setting. There was a boy with blonde hair screaming in pain on some deck. There was a bite on his hand. A vampire bite. I didn't see who turned him, but Alice was watching this boy for a reason.

"Wake up, Alice," Edward said and I was taken from the vision with Alice. She looked over at me, knowing I had invaded her vision. She gave a small shake of her head, showing me that I shouldn't say what she saw.

"She hasn't been getting much sleep lately, senior jitters," Jasper lied smoothly to the others. Landon took my hand in his, looking me over to make sure I was okay. I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Are you okay, Lilian," Angela asked, seeing how I was acting. I looked up at her, giving a small nod. In truth, I actually felt completely weakened from going into her vision. I had never felt that weak before. It might have to do with her being a vampire, but it was like being in that vision sucked the energy from me.

"I should take her to the nurse," Landon spoke up, helping me to my feet. I wobbled a bit, but he caught me before I could fall.

"Want some help," Jasper asked, rising from his seat.

"Not from you," I said low enough for only the vampires to hear. Landon shook his head before grabbing our things and heading to the nurse's office. I felt cold inside and out, my stomach felt like it was being squeezed and twisted all at once.

"What happened to her," the nurse asked, shoving a thermometer in my mouth.

"Some bad lunch," Landon lied. She took the thermometer, an odd look passing over her face. She went to put the thermometer back in my mouth when a familiar face popped in.

"Who are you," she demanded.

"I'm her father. Landon called to tell me she wasn't feeling well. I'm here to take her home. And before you ask, yes I've already visited the front desk to excuse her from her classes," my dad told her. She looked disappointed almost, but Landon and I didn't stick around long enough to see why.

As we were a few feet from the doorway, Jasper popped up, "Lilian, Edward told us you went into Alice's vision. Is that why you-?"

"Mr. Hale, I've been pleasant towards you despite what I heard you put my daughter through. Now, I need to get her to Charlotte. If you are going to stand in our way then I will put you down," my father growled. Jasper remained standing, shocked almost, "Cruciatus," my father said and Jasper fell to the floor in pain. My father took me from the school and helped me into his car.

"Wasn't that a spell from Harry Potter? Does that mean those spells are real," Landon asked as we drove off.

"The spell I used is torture in Latin. Most of our spells are Latin based. Rowling used Latin in her spells as well. But no, Landon, not all the spells in Harry Potter actually work," my father informed him. The stress I was under from the pain I was going through began to trigger my wolf side.

"What's happening," Landon asked as I screamed in pain, grasping my arm as it broke.

"We've got to get to Charlotte fast. She should have taught you to stay away from vampires, Lilian. Interfering with them only kills you. If you get into their mind, a piece of themselves latches onto you and begins to turn you slowly. If we get to Charlotte in time, we can stop the effects and you will be fine."

"And if we don't?"

"She might not survive the transformation. She's a born werewolf and a witch. Being a vampire will interact with both of those and if she isn't strong enough, she will die. If she is, then she will be the first of her kind," my father answered. I knew Landon felt no better hearing that, but there was nothing we could do. I just hoped Charlotte decided to stay home today.