𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧—"𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨"

———

"𝙃𝙀𝙔, 𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼!"

𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼 𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙎𝙀𝘿 𝙃𝙀𝙍 head a bit as the shouting of her name with knitted eyebrows, and a smile crossed her face as she spotted her familiar friend as she walked through the glass door—the bell ringing softly in the background.

"If it isn't my favorite customer, Davina Claire," Clara smiles proudly, brushing a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ear. "More ancient Icelandic folk records for you?"

"They're not for me," Davina laughs, her pink lips cringing as she does so. "But yes!"

Clara's usual bright white teeth were stained as the crimson blood stuck to them, and she felt the warm stickiness slip down her lips and chin, onto her neck. She probably had droplets of them falling onto her light baby blue t-shirt, but she didn't really care about the dry cleaners bill right now.

"Please...please let us go."

The blonde opened her icy blue eyes, immediately feeling the high of the blood pumping in her veins plummeting as the dying redhead laying out on the floor next to her feet was crying out. One hand was resting on the ground for support, trying to lift herself up, and then another was wrapped around her bleeding neck, trying to make the wound stop gushing.

"Can you just shut up? God, you're ruining all the fun," Clara hissed out, flashing her bloody fangs at the girl as viciously as she could. The girl quiets down a bit, probably in fear the blonde would finish ripping out her throat.

"Quite the mess you've made outside my shop."

Clara turned her attention away from the suffering redhead by her foot, and to the african american man who was now standing a few yards away from her. She'd never seen the man before, and she was more confused as to why he wasn't completely scared out of his mind.

"My bad," Clara fake smiled, tilting her head to the side a bit with confusion. "And you are?"

"Dalton, Joe Dalton," the man, Joe, looks the girl up and down. "You're a real mess, aren't you..."

"Clara," the blonde narrows her eyes at Joe, a bit annoyed. "I'm not a mess."

"All vampires kill hoards of people when they're upset, don't they?"

Clara was searching her mind for a better comeback, but she wasn't finding one, because he was was absolutely right. She stares down the unfamiliar man, almost wondering what exactly he was searching for.

"You know they kill vampires in the quarter now," Joe informs, and Clara shrugs lightly with an unamused face.

"Does it looks like I care?"

"Someone really messes you up, huh?" The man raises one eyebrow, and Clara was wondering how he was so insightful.

"I don't think that's any of your business."

The blonde crosses her arms over her chest, and she was already tired of this boring conversation. The blood from her victims was suddenly a lot stronger, and she was tempted to just go back to helping herself instead of this man.

"I just think I could be helpful."

A grin crosses the blondes face as she makes eye contact with the very man who quite possibly saved her from herself; Joe Dalton.