𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭—"𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙩"

———

"𝘽𝙀𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀 𝙒𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙂𝙄𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙎𝙎, 𝙒𝙀'𝘿 like to open the floor to anyone who would like to share a memory about our late friends on the town council."

Clara sucked in a deep breath, having heightened vampire feelings was more difficult than the girl ever expected. She wanted to cry for ages knowing all these people died for absolutely no purpose. She remembered babysitting April Young with Elena when the two teenagers were younger. Elena would read her writing and stories while Clara helped the girl paint and color.

Currently, she was sitting with Kol, Matt, Jeremy, and Elena. The Gilbert girl did not seem like she was well, and Clara counted that reason to be that the girl threw up the blood bag Damon had brought her. She hadn't been feeding, Clara guessed, and that explained the pale expression written on her face along with her weak movements.

"I know that April Young wanted to say a few words about her dad. Uh, April? April, are you still here, honey?" Clara's mother spoke at the wooden podium, her hands safely wrapped around the top of it as she spoke into the microphone.

Clara curiously looked around the whole church, seeing if she could spot the familiar black haired girl. She knitted her eyebrows together, there's no way that April would miss her own fathers funeral. Kol must've sensed this in the girl, and gently intertwined his fingers with hers, rubbing small circles on her palm for comfort. A smile appeared on her face as she glanced up to make eye contact with Kol, who had an equally large smile.

"Is there anyone else who would like to share a recollection or a memory about Pastor Young?"

Clara felt bad that no one was speaking for the passed away, but she knew she didn't have the nerves to stand in front of the whole population of Mystic Falls. So, while she refrained from speaking up, apparently Elena didn't feel the same. She stood up beside the girl, and Clara sent her one look for her to understand; what the hell? She waited for the brown haired girl to take her seat again, but she didn't, and instead Clara's mother spoke up again.

"Come on up, Elena," She smiles, and seeing her mother smile — even a pity or sympathetic one — made her daughter smile even bigger. Her mother was utterly beautiful for her age, and she always thanked her for her looks because they all knew her father hadn't given them to her.

Clara heard someone walk into the church, and when she spins her head, she finds her raven haired best friend. She glares a bit at him, one for appearing late at a funeral, and two, because she knew Damon was still trying to win over his brothers girl.

"I, um, when I talked to April earlier, she was kind of nervous about coming up to speak and now I'm up here, I'm kind of nervous too," Elena stutters, and anybody could tell something was wrong with her. They probably chalked it up to sadness, and not the fact she was a vampire that was denying all food sources.

"She's getting worse," Clara whispered to Kol, who nodded along with the blonde.

"The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them."

Clara let the words sink into her skin, and she felt like balling her eyes out. She was reminded of her father's funeral, the fake people who wished her sorry's, the coffin that didn't even hold his burnt body, the amount of people who showed up who never even talked to him. Sure, Clara and her father had complications — to say the least — but she never imagined that one day he would die because of something supernatural related. She always imagined saying goodbye to her father as he was lying in a hospital bed, from old age.