𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣—"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨"

———

𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙒𝙃𝙊 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒𝙎 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂 of just laying together, Kol had helped Clara climb into bed. Although, now that she can hear every sound around her, she couldn't quite fall asleep like she anticipated. She heard three voices; Kol, Damon, and Tyler still in the house. She figured the rest of them left due to the fact that she most definitely can't handle transition with humans around.

"So, she's sleeping?" This first voice was Damon, who seemed to be asking Kol since he was the one who tucked her into her bed.

"Yeah," Kol replies, and she could only imagine him nodding along with it. His accent seemed thicker, and she absolutely loved being able to hear it so crystal clear. "Her emotions are all over the place, it's bad."

"Lara was complicated enough when she was human, so it's only going to be heightened," the last voice was Tyler, and she dug her head a bit into the pillow as she refused to hear anymore. But, of course, she didn't know exactly how to shut off this super hearing, so the conversation continued on. "What if she doesn't feed? I can't lose my sister."

"No, she will," Damon answers quickly, and pity grew across Clara's face as she frowned. The boy couldn't lose his best friend, he knew if Clara was gone for good that all those bad habits would come back flying in his face, all sounding like amazing ideas. "She has too."

She could hear Damon's scoff perfectly, and she felt like the tears were already forming again. She wanted to scold herself for crying so easily, but like her twin said, every emotion is heightened. So when she was sad, tears would come, and when she was angry, her voice too loud. It was all too much for Clara to process.

"We can't tell her about Alaric, not yet."

Clara leaned forward, the blanket falling from her chest onto her lap. Her interest was suddenly peaked, and she sucked in quickly. She got up from the bed, placing her feet on the cold ground, which almost seemed colder than usual. She quickly grabbed her dark green sweater and threw it on while walking towards the doorway, placing her hands on the solid doorframe, poking her head out into the hallway, still listening in on the conversation.

"She'll lose it."

Clara took several steps down the hallway and peaked through her fathers office, and a few emotions ran through her mind. Her father was a dick most of the time, but they shared some nice moments like any other father daughter relationship.

She only saw Kol though, neither of the other boys were, and he was standing beside her fathers desk — the bottle of bourbon was sitting on the desk uncapped.

"Kol, what are—"

"That necklace is quite beautiful."

Kol moves slightly to the left, and Clara gasped softly as she saw a version of herself, only she looked different. She was wearing a pair of grey shorts, with an oversized orange shirt. Clara watched in awe as she remembered this night faintly, about how Kol appeared in her bed and the two had a drink together before Kol ran off, but then she gripped her head as pain rang throughout it.