𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚—"𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜"

———

"𝙃𝙀𝙔, 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙔, 𝙄'𝙑𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙇𝙊𝙊𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 for you."

Clara stopped where Matt was wondering about outside on the balcony, he looked confused. She picked up the sides of her dress so she wouldn't trip, and she took a few steps forward.

"What's up?"

It was colder outside than the blonde anticipated, but the fresh air did feel good on her skin. She could see her breath in front of her face, and chills raised up and down her spine.

"I thought I, uh, heard someone call out my name," Matt says, narrowing his eyes at the balcony before turning back around to face the blonde.

"Good evening."

Instantly, an all too familiar voice ringed out was behind Matt and he spooked both the teenagers.

"You're Clara's friend," Kol slyly smirks, switching from Clara to Matt. "We haven't met."

"Matt Donovan," he replies, eyeing the boy up and down. Kol holds out his hand, and then hesitantly takes his hand in it.

"Kol Mikaelson."

Clara glanced at the boys still in contact with each other's hand, and slowly she was tilting her head as Kol wasn't letting go. Matt started groaning, with soft cracking noises, and suddenly her heart rate started going up.

"Hey, let go!"

Clara rushed forward, slamming Kol as hard as she could, but he hardly even flinched. He flashed her this wicked smirk, and her once likeness of the boy was starting to turn into hatred.

"Hey, easy on the hand. Guy's a quarterback."

Clara whipped her head to the side as she heard her all too familiar best friends voice, and she seemed suddenly relieved. Kols upper lip curled up, and she could tell he was agitated that he was caught. Suddenly, Damon rushes forward and by grabbing Kols shirt with his fists, and throws him over the balcony.

"Damon, no!"

As much as Clara would've like to see Kols face as he was thrown off that balcony, they were at a ball. There were humans present, a lot of people that would need to be compelled.

Clara looked over the edge, her hands resting on the fence just in time to see Damon snap Kols neck. She knew the original vampire wasn't fully dead, but it did hurt to see it. One, seeing the annoying boy get his neck broken, and two, Damon being this way. She could only guess it had something to do with Elena, as always.

"Matt, are you okay?"

She moved away from the ledge, and helped Matt back up as he was holding his hand tightly. She placed a hand on his shoulder, holding him up as he groaned out in pain.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

•••

After helping Matt to the emergency room by speeding his terrible tow-truck, Clara was back at home. Matt said he needed a drink to cool off, so she dropped herself off at her house while he headed out to Mystic Grill.