𝙨𝙞𝙭

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭—"𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙖𝙨𝙨"

———

𝙎𝙊, 𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝘼 𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙇𝙀 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝙇𝙀 of playing pool, Alaric ran off to the bathroom while Dr. Fell went to get another round of drinks—excluding Clara because her 'underage ass' wasn't getting any drinks, according to Alaric.

Clara still didn't get the rest of the plan, even after she texted Damon repeatedly to no such end, practically begging for the information. However, she never did get a text back from her bothersome best friend.

"Always on that phone, darling," Kol points out, glancing at Clara with his brown eyes. She then put it back away in her back pocket, making sure he didn't question anything. "I mean, the invention of a cellphone is truly great. Being able to receive a text within a second by someone who could be halfway across the world, it's remarkable."

"You talk as if you're an old person," Clara says, and then her face cringes up as she realized how dumb the statement sounded. "Okay, didn't mean it like that, you're like a ten centuries old."

"I was daggered a lot during my thousand year old life," Kol explains, raising an eyebrow at the blonde haired girl.

Clara bites down on her lip as she saw Kol leaning down in front of her with a pool stick gripped in his hands. While he shoots the white ball at the red 8, making it into the hole easily. His ass looked awfully good in those jeans, and she eyed him up and down.

Any girl, or boy for that matter, would know that Kol was damn near perfect. His brown haired ruffled up in a free way, pink lips looked soft, and the grey v-neck shirt he was wearing only made his muscles a better appearance. But his last name just had to be Mikaelson. Perhaps the Mikaelsons aren't as bad as he girl was always told. Some part of Clara felt sorry for the boy, being daggered by your older brother for decades at a time. Because of one mistake or one disappointment, and he couldn't enjoy the world.

"How was it?"

Kol perked up, turning to Clara with curiosity bubbling in his eyes. She felt suddenly dumb for even questioning, or weak even.

"How was what?" Kol questions, taking a step forward closer to the curious girl. Clara was just standing by the table, a pool stick in one hand while her other hung by her thigh. He took another step closer to her, by now there was only about a foot apart the duo.

"Living."

Kol titled his head, narrowing his eyes a little as he studied the girl. He was interested as to why suddenly Clara questioned something more personal than just her usual sarcastic comment. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I've hardly ever taken a step outside Mystic Falls my entire life," Clara smiled sadly, thinking of all the great funs she could have went on, but never had the opportunity too. There was a one time where Damon and her had taken a trip down to a bar to meet one of his witch friends, but that's been about the only adventure she's had. "How was the world? All throughout this time? I'm sure it's been beautiful."

Kol blinked a few times while eyeing Clara up and down, and he almost seemed a bit taken back by the blondes statement. No one asks him such personal questions, as it seems he never gets close enough to anyone to have the chance too. He glanced at the girls awaiting response, he did enjoy the blondes atmosphere. She seemed to be a fun and outgoing girl, and how she resisted his charms seemed to just interest him further more.

"Sorry, that was a weird comment," Clara cringed her face once again, it seems she could only say stupid things currently.

"No, it's just..." Kol drifts off, and Clara almost wanted to scoff. It was the first time she's heard the boy speechless since she had met. "No one asks me about my life."

"I mean, the people, the culture, the music, and everything else in life," Clara explained, shrugging softly as she pursed her lips to think of the right words to continue. "Living through all that must've been amazing."

Kol swallows hard, and then glances from Clara to the ground, and it looked as if he was thinking. "It felt as if I didn't live it."

Clara's pity only grew for the boy, and her pink lips parted as she tried to think of the right words. It was a brand new side of Kol she hadn't even thought existed, the image of a scared black sheep of a family.

"Because of your family," Clara states, and Kol nods slowly while she saw his adam's apple bobble as he swallowed hard. "Because of Klaus. How do you still love him through all of this? The daggering and coffins and centuries being asleep."

"Well it's like you said," Kol explains. "He's family, and for some reason I can't quite shake him."

Clara opened her mouth, about to answer the poor souls response, but was rudely interrupted. "Hey, what's going on?"

Clara glanced from staring at Kol to Alaric, who had appeared behind him, where he looked a bit angered. Clara backed off a foot or two, not even realizing how Kol and her were once again only a few inches apart.

"Nothing," Clara replied, shrugging at Alaric's sudden interest in her.

Alaric and Clara are close, not as close as Damon and her, but pretty damn near it. Damon and Alaric are drinking buddies, and Clara just always seem to be stuck in the middle of them.

"Yeah, like Clara said, nothing," Kol eyes Alaric up and down, and tilts his head a smirk reappears on his face. It looked as if he was almost trying to get a rise out of him, by his attitude. And the annoying, cocky Kol was back already.

Dr. Fell comes back behind Alaric and Clara scans her face as she seemed a bit off. She tilted her head a bit to the side, and suddenly got a bad feeling in her gut.

Alaric takes a step forward, and Clara knitted her eyebrows together at his stupid step of testosterone. Alaric read Kols tone, he knew he was trying to pick a fight, and he decided to do something about it.

"Stay away from Lara, okay?"

Clara scoffed loudly, taking a step forward, placing herself by Kols side. "You've got to be kidding me, Ric."

"Are you going to make me?" Kol asks, his tone full of sarcasm, while his smirk only grows. Clara rolled her eyes as hard as she could, and her nose was getting stuffed with the room filling up of testosterone. Suddenly, Alaric races forward and that's when Clara saw it; the silver dagger.

Clara sends her whole body forward in hopes of stopping him, but Dr. Fell took her by both of her shoulders and held her in place. Clara wanted to raise her fist and slam it as hard as she could into the doctors jaw, but she knew she wouldn't hear the end of it from Alaric if she did.

Alaric digs the dagger deeper into Kol's heart, and Clara saw the faint grey start to grow on his face to the top of his forehead, followed by the thick lines. She had only known the boy shortly, and she knew the awful things he had done. But seeing him dead, or dead in the moment—hurt.

a/n: kol is just mY bABy! luv that boy. anyway, don't forget to vote & comment! love you guys. :-)