𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚—"𝙗𝙮𝙚, 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤"

———

𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝙀𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 Kol, Clara had shortly gotten a call from Bonnie about her mother's death, but more like her transition. Of course, Clara hated the fact that she knew what Damon and Stefan were planning but could do nothing about it because of Elena's life at stake. She had to pretend that she had no idea when Bonnie sobbed over the phone, and that's what tugged at most in her heart.

She, along with Caroline, had driven with Bonnie, Jamie, and her mother to her mother's cabin far away from the troubling people that would soon torment her with the blood pumping throughout their veins. Clara helped them for days, caring for them, making just about the only foods she could make; grilled cheese and sandwiches, and doing anything around the house she could muster.

She talked to Elena for short times, mostly because she felt guilty about letting this happen to Bonnie. However, Bonnie rejected and ignored all of Elena's calls and texts, so she would talk through Clara to Bonnie. She tried convincing the witch to talk to the doppelgänger, but she never did.

Soon, after about a week, Clara had driven home to see Alaric, who apparently has a second identity serial killer who stabbed himself. She deemed it a good enough reason to come home, mostly because she was missing her best friend, her brother, and her mother.

"I promised I'd call when I came home!" Clara exclaimed, holding her phone close to her ear as she was in the middle of calling her worried mother. She'd left Bonnie's mother's house awhile ago, and would soon back arrive back in Mystic Falls. "Mom, I'll be fine. I'm going to stop by Alaric's and then I'll be back home."

"Okay, but be careful, Lara."

"Will you ever stop worrying endlessly for me?" Clara teases her mother, chuckling to herself a bit.

"That's my job, Lara."

And with that, Clara heard her side of the phone call click as her mother hung up on her. She tossed her phone to her passenger side seat, desperate not to tear her eyes from the road. Ever since Elena's parents went off Wickery Bridge, she's been extra careful whenever she drives.

In just a moment, she heard her phone start to ring again. As much as she wanted to ignore it, it wouldn't stop vibrating against the seat, making a loud, annoying noise. Clara rolled her eyes effortlessly, and then, without letting her eyes leave the ride, reached over to her seat. Padding it a few times until she finally reached it, and without even glancing at the caller ID she clicked accept.

"Mom, c'mon you know I don't like calling and driving but—"

"—Sorry, darling, looks like I'm not your dear sweet mother."

Clara's face went from a bit of annoyance to confusion, she didn't know how Kol had somehow gotten her number nor did she particularly want to have a conversation with him at the moment, because of her focus on driving on the road before her. 

"Is there something you need, Kol?"

"Why do you believe I need something from you when we talk?"

He seemed a bit more honest instead of sarcastic, which Clara appreciated more than usual. Her eyes gazed down to her gas tank meter, surely she'd have to get gas too. She just wanted to be back home, in her own comfortable bed, in a pair of soft sweats on and a date with netflix.

"I don't know, seems like you only like to pester me so I figured maybe you'd need something," Clara responds, a small smirk crossing on her lips as she did.