𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧—"𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙨"

———

𝙎𝙊, 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝙇𝙀 𝘿𝘼𝙈𝙊𝙉 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝘽𝙐𝙎𝙔 on the phone with Stefan and Elena, Clara took the time to call her twin. She still felt the wetness of her tears escape her eyes every so often, and her heart ached that she couldn't do this in person. But in reality, Damon and Clara were both too far away to make it to Mystic Falls in time.

"Hey, Ty," Clara smiled sadly into the phone that was close to her ear, holding back the urge to just let the flood gate loose.

"Hey, Lara," Tyler responds, his mind wondering as to what could make his twin sound so upset. "Are you alright? What's wrong?"

"Damon and I... we couldn't stop Alaric. Ty, he killed Klaus."

Tyler's end went silent as the boy took the time to process what the blonde had just explained, and after a few moments, he finally works up enough of a voice.

"Clara, listen closely, okay?" Tyler starts, his voice sounding a bit cracked. "Just tell mom I left, like I was supposed to—"

"—Ty, please don't say it," Clara let's another tear drip down her cheek. If Tyler was going to say his goodbyes, then that meant he was really going to die. "Please."

"She's going to need you more than anyone, okay? Take care of her, and take of yourself, Lara. I know this whole bit of being a vampire is going to be rough for you, but you have to try your best at controlling it," Tyler continues on, ignoring his twins whimpers for him to stop. "Your big heart is what makes you the very best, Clara Lockwood. Now please don't waste it."

Similar to her twin a few minutes prior, she let the silence eat up at her while she started crying. She didn't care if Damon saw or heard her sobbing, because the girl didn't know what she was going to do without her twin, her brother, her best friend.

"I'm so sorry, Tyler," Clara finally speaks up, raising her arm to wipe her runny nose with her long-sleeve. She was still pacing back and forth, she feared if she stopped she'd have another breakdown.

"This isn't your fault, Clara, don't blame yourself," Tyler replies, and she could hear him sniffle as well. "We can just hope that Klaus was lying about being apart of your bloodline, because I don't want my lil sister dying because of that jackass."

"Ty, you were born sixteen seconds before me," Clara sniffles while chuckling to herself. "You can't call me your little sister."

"Uh, yeah, I can. Hello, sixteen seconds make or break it," Tyler softly laughs along with the girl, and after a moment of sharing one last laugh together, Clara sucked in a deep breath.

"Goodbye, Ty," the girl blinks away her tears, she knew holding out this call would only mean less time for everyone else to say goodbye to her big brother.

"Goodbye, Lara."

•••

"Do you feel anything?"

Clara glanced from staring at the cold grey cement to Damon, who was sitting across from her. Currently, she was leaning against wheel of the black SUV while Damon was using the coffin for support, his knees up while Clara was laying her arms and head on top of her knees.