𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣—"𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨?"

———

"𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀𝙉'𝙏 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙏𝙊 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙇𝙀𝙂𝙀 in decades, I definitely do not miss it."

Clara glanced up from staring at her lap to Kol, who was sitting beside her. Currently, the two were in Damon's car with him, Elena, and Bonnie. Damon and Elena were sitting in the front seats, with Bonnie and Kol on the outside by the windows and Clara in the middle.

Now, being stuck in a small car with the tension between Elena and Damon, the awkwardness from Bonnie, and then the emotions between Kol and Clara was definitely not ideal.

"Well, thanks for coming, Romeo," Clara smiled at the boy, and she traced her hand from her thigh to place it on Kol's knee. He intertwines their hands, his thumb rubbing against her skin.

"Of course, Juliet."

"Hey! Hands to yourself!" Damon shouts from the drivers seat, looking at the back through the rearview mirror. Both Clara and Kol send the boy a deadpan look, which made Bonnie and Elena laugh together. "I got my eye on you, Mikaelson."

"Have I ever told you how good I am at killing old vampires?"

Clara rolled her eyes at her best friend being overprotective, and she slaps the front of Kol's chest for joking around. "Oh, c'mon, can't we just skip the super protective brother part and you two can be friends?"

"No!" They both yelled at the same time, and Clara let out a huff of annoyance while folding her arms over her chest — taking her eyes off the boys and instead on the scenery outside.

They were close to Whitmore, because by the sight of a whole bunch of college age kids and the huge buildings. So after a few more minutes, they arrived at the building where Bonnie's grams used to teach.

Everyone was excited to pile out of the car, Bonnie filed out of Elena's door and then Clara and Kol went out Damon's. And this is why Clara suggested taking her white ford explorer, it was big enough to fit the five of them yet they'd still have space. But no, Damon wanted to take his beautiful convertible.

"Thank God," Clara mumbles, mostly to herself, but both Damon and Kol heard her. "So, you're sure you're okay with this, Bon?"

"If I could spell you guys out of wanting blood, I would," she replied, nodding her head softly. "But I can't. So better you learn now than at freshman orientation."

"Something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore," Elena sighs, and Clara points her index finger at her while bobbing her head up and down.

"You and me both, girl."

"Oh, stop with the pity party," Damon rolls her bright blue eyes, and Clara suddenly gets the need to smack him in the back of his head. "If I can go to college, you can go."

"You went to college?" Bonnie asked, tilting her head a little bit.

"Sure, plenty of times," Damon states, and a sly smirk appeared on his face as he continued. "Always had a thing for sorority girls."