𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚—"𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚"

———

𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼 𝙇𝙊𝘾𝙆𝙒𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝘾𝙐𝙍𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙇𝙔 𝙍𝙀𝙇𝘼𝙓𝙄𝙉𝙂 at the Mystic Grill, the go-to place for all of the common teenagers of Mystic Falls. She was sitting on the uncomfortable bar stool while patiently waiting for her friend, Matt, to get off his late-night shift so the two could enjoy some drinks.

"Now, if it isn't my best friend. Should've known by now you can't sneak up behind me."

The blonde girl swiftly looks over her shoulder, spotting Damon Salvatore as he was a few feet behind her with his hands in his pockets. Now you'd think, how in the world could this pestering, selfish, vampire dick be her best friend? Complicated, to say the least.

Clara found out about vampires the night Vicki Donovan tried to kill Jeremey and Elena Gilbert, she accidentally walked in just as soon as Damon shoves the wooden stake right through her heart. Losing her was difficult for Matt, so Clara helped her longtime best friend as much as she could. Surprising him with his favorite food, spending some time binge watching netflix, etc.

Ever since that fateful night, Clara's been in on every plot and plan against the evils that waltzed their way into her town. Between the violence of villain Damon to the sacrifice for the hybrid Klaus to this incoming problem, all of the Original Family.

She had only met Elijah once, and he seemed morally right while his brother, Klaus, was the complete opposite. She's grown to dislike the Originals, just because of all of the pain they, mostly Klaus, have created.

"It's still fun to try," Damon smirks, flashing his bright blue eyes mixed with mischief while taking the stool to the right of her at the bar. "Good to see you too, Lara."

"So," Clara begins, taking a sip of the water that Matt had gotten her awhile ago, placing it back on the coaster. "What are you up too?"

Clara can always tell when something's up with her best friend, he can sometimes be a difficult book to read, but nonetheless can tell the change in him. He held his breath, and glanced down to the counter while he doesn't speak up. She was curious to why he was being so hard to open up, but surely he was trying to protect her from whatever new problem was surfacing.

"There's a ball tonight," Damon states, signaling to the female bartender that he wanted his usual by waving around his index finger. By now, every bartender here knows Damon's usual drink, a shot of bourbon. Can't say he has bad taste, however. "Elena says she isn't going—"

"—But you think she's lying," Clara finished, and she pursed her lips while glancing from the bar counter to meet eye contact with Damon. Elena was easier to read, she's practically been an open book her entire life. "I'm guessing Stefan too."

Clara stayed as far away as possible from the Delena and Stelena drama, since everyone has their own opinion. Caroline believes Damon is the absolute worst influence for Elena, and Stefan is the epic hero. While Bonnie believes Elena deserves to be happy, with either Damon or Stefan. She thought both boys would be better off without fighting, breaking their brother bond for a hundred and a half years because of one single girl, once again.