𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚—"𝙟𝙚𝙨𝙪𝙨, 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙖!"

———

"𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼, 𝘽𝘼𝘽𝙔, 𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘼𝙇𝙍𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏?"

Shortly now, Damon and Clara had arrived back in Mystic Falls not only to find out that Elena and Matt had been driven off the road on Wickery Bridge, but that Elena did indeed die. The girl died with vampire blood in her system, because her injuries earlier at the hospital was worse than anyone knew.

Damon was more than pissed to find out Stefan had saved Matt before herself, but Clara was grateful that the blonde boy listened to her. Otherwise, she'd be mourning more than just her brother.

"I'm fine, mom, really," Clara tried her best to convince her, but it was the first time since she'd talk to her since her brothers death, and she didn't know how long she could hide such a secret from her.

"And I just got off the phone with Tyler, he says he's fine too."

Clara could've sworn her jaw dropped to the floor. She tilts her head although her mother wouldn't be able to see through the phone. She blinked a few times, trying to think of a reasonable explanation. Her brother was dead, because Klaus was dead, there's no way he can actually be alive right now.

"Like, how long ago?" Clara asked, blinking a few times.

"Oh, just before I called you, honey."

Clara let a huge breath of relief she didn't realize she had in her, and the smallest of smiles appeared on her face.

"Okay, I have to go mom, I'll talk to you later, alright? I love you."

Immediately, Clara hangs up the phone on her end as she brings up her contacts, finding Tyler. She dials him, and puts it up to her left ear — similar to before. It rings, and then rings, and goes to voicemail. Clara considered hanging up and recalling until the hybrid answered, but she figured voicemail would be good enough.

"Hey, Ty... Mom says you're, uh, you're okay. I wanted to make sure everything was fine. Please, Ty, call me back," the girl trails, her breathing hitching every so often.

She clicks the end call button, and tosses her phone on her bed as she collapses on it. Landing on her back while she throws her arms up, her legs still dangling. She stares at her ceiling, letting out another deep breath as she just stares and thinks.

Then, she hears the front door unlock. She listens closely, thanks to the vamp hearing, and can tell it's a man who's taken a few steps into the house now. She jumps up from her bed and towards her doorway within a second, and she peaks her head out shortly into the hallway. Hearing the man now walking upstairs, she figured she'd attack him just as he was walking down the hallway.

The steps came closer, and closer, and Clara hissed with her fangs and bloodshot eyes as she jumped on the unfamiliar man — knocking him to the ground easily.

"Jesus, Clara!"

The blonde gasped as she realized she was now sitting on top of Kol. He was laying on his back harshly, a sly smirk on his face as he noticed Clara had her legs spread and onto of Kol's chest. She moves off his body, backing away as she stood back up on her feet.