𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣—"𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙟'𝙨"

———

𝘼𝙇𝘼𝙍𝙄𝘾 𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙎 𝙆𝙊𝙇'𝙎 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙎𝙎, 𝙂𝙍𝙀𝙔 body as if he was helping a drunken fellow friend. Dr. Fell was beside him, sending everyone who was staring a reassuring smile and nod. So while Alaric and Clara went outside to meet the Salvatore's, she decided to stay in. The duo went out the back entrance, and were standing in an alleyway with stairs that go up to the city sidewalk.

"You knew the plan and didn't tell me!" Clara shouted, her lip curling up with anger. She felt utterly disregarded, the boys used her in order to complete their plan.

"Hey, hey, relax!" Alaric called out, struggling to keep Kols body up as he makes eye contact with Clara. But then his eyes gaze past the girl, and when she spun around there was Damon and Stefan standing side by side.

"Lara, we needed him to—"

"—Shut the hell up," Clara growled, cutting Damon off by raising my index finger. "You used me, you didn't tell me the whole plan because you knew I wouldn't be on board with it."

Damon didn't seem shocked, it's almost as if he expected this exact reaction from Clara in the first place. And that part only made her more angry.

"Clara, calm down," Alaric says, taking a step forward to place a hand on her shoulder. But she sends him a warning glare not to touch her, and he backed off.

Clara opened her mouth to say something again, but she was cut off when a blur raced past her to Kols body. Within a second the dagger was out of his heart and in someone's hand. When the man stopped, she swallowed hard at the fact it was Klaus.

He shoved Alaric back against the wall, and she swore she heard something crack, and he falls unconscious on the ground. Then Stefan races forward with his vamp speed, but Klaus knocked him to the stairs, groaning.

Damon grabbed Clara's shoulder, and pulled her where she was slightly behind him but not all the way, and his arm was in front of her. She would've normally mentioned about how sexist this was or how she was extremely pissed off at her best friend, but now was definitely not the time to bicker.

"My brother does fancy you," Klaus speaks up, his eyes trained on Clara as he adjusts his jacket. But then a mischievous laugh escapes his lips as he continued. "Well, he did, I'm certain he'll want to feed on you more than ever now."

Clara swallowed hard, she did enjoy Kols company. His presence was such a nuisance to the point he could actually be funny, although she would never admit it to him. She could almost consider his a friend, but when he would awake he would probably no longer want to be hers. And now he would think that she knew of the plan of daggering him, and she just went along with it.

"I should have killed you months ago," Klaus growls, and Damon's back straightens up as he knew the man was now talking to him.

"Do it," Damon insists, using his 'I'm the hero' voice. "That's not gonna stop Esther from killing you."

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus's voice turns a bit darker, as a threatening tone. His smirk once filled with mischief had turned sour, fading away from his face.