Chapter Twenty-Three

When Vince arrived back at headquarters, he saw his brothers in the foyer with their suitcases all packed and ready to leave. Three of them laying on the floor asleep, two were investigating a sculpture to see what it was made out of, and the last three were play fighting and looked like they were about to break something.

"Where are you guys going?" Vince asked.

"Back home," Tony said. He was holding their other brother, Steven, upsidedown and by the legs. "Those people were caught so they don't need us anymore."

"Right, well I need to go talk to Moira. You guys have fun and don't kill anyone." Vince made his way around them to the elevator.

"No promises," they all said.

Vince made his way to Moira's office. When he got there, Moira and Ethan looked like they were in the middle of a stressful conversation.

"What do you want, Vincent?" Moira asked. She sounded tired, and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"I'm here to tell you about my conversation with Mia," Vince said. Moira nodded for him to continue. "She isn't going to tell anyone about anything, of that I'm certain. She seems to want to get back to her normal life."

"Well, that's good. We have enough to deal with around here," she said. Ethan shot Vince a look when he said 'normal.'

"And I asked her if she knew anything about what Ellis was planning and she said she didn't know. They kept her in a cage the entire time and she said she never talked to anyone other than Kayla, the vampire who was killed in the attack, and Jay. He is apparently a previous victim of the Rutherfords who they turned into a vampire to keep him from committing suicide. She says that he doesn't know anything either."

"I will be the judge of that. We must vet everyone." She furiously shifted through a file on her desk. "Thank you, Vincent, that will be all. You may join your brothers and go home."

Vince nodded and turned to exit out the door when something stopped him. "Are you sure you don't need any extra hands around here?"

"No, we are all good." She said that, but half of her bun was falling out.

"It's just that I know about the break in." Moira shot a deadly look at Ethan. "I know because I overheard my father on the phone. And I just wanted to know if there was any way that I could help."

She sighed and stood up from her desk. "I wish you could, but unfortunately we have no idea what Ellis was trying to steal. There were several items in the vault that he could've wanted and unless we know which one he wants, there's nothing we can do. We've added extra security to the vault and we're cracking down on all of his associates. Now it's just a waiting game."

Vince nodded. "I would like to stay and help regardless."

"Very well, you can work with Ethan. He's going to go search the Rutherfords house to find anything that might point us in the right direction."

Vince looked at Ethan who was fuming. "Lead the way."