Chapter Thirty Eight: Hanging by the Tree

Start from the beginning

I felt sick to my stomach. Maybe if I threw up on his shoulder, he'd let me go... Gross.

I kept trying to wiggle myself away from him but his grip was too tight and his body was almost made of steel.

"SOMEBODY HELP! Put me down you jerk!"

"You heard her!" I heard someone say behind me- which would have been in front of him.

Suddenly I was catapulted about 10ft high and 20 meters away. I landed and rolled on the grass field.

       I shook my head trying to shake off the pain in my head. I heard mechanical contact and blasters shoot off as though I had been in the middle of a battlefield. I looked up and crawled to the nearest object to take cover. I rested my back against a tree holding my head and turned to observe.
A dark-skinned man with huge red, grey and black mechanical wings flew around. He was holding two huge guns, one in each hand and firing them off at a small moving object. I watched the raven-haired man dodge each missile fired at him like a ninja.

I squinted to myself and looked down feeling a sudden turn in my stomach. When I looked back up, I wasn't in the same place.

I couldn't see anything. But then a blue and red blob appeared in front of me. I flinched.

"Are you okay ma'am?" Its voice was high but you could tell it was masculine.
I couldn't seem to focus on his suit. It had been so blurry as if I was underwater. "Hey, hey, hey, Y/n?" He tried getting in my line of view but I was looking over his shoulder at the field of combat but there wasn't war. All fighting had stopped and everybody's eyes were on me. They showed an expression I've seen several times. Fear.

........................................................

     One blink, and it seemed to disappear. The black man with wings and the raven-haired spy guy were the only people on the battlefield. I had to take notice of the red rope attached to the buckle of his spy suit. He grabbed it quickly and began swinging it wildly above his head, like a cowboy assassin.

I thought back to when I was in the Exglavator box and I had used some sort of force to blow everything back.

I raised to my knees and stood up slowly feeling the headache from falling. I kept my eyes on my target. I did a rowing motion with my hands and pushed them out. A blast was shot from my hands so hard that it blew me back and I hit my head and back on the tree.

I couldn't see anything. My vision was black. I could feel they were open, yet I couldn't see. I could hear. Everything. I heard a loud noise off to the distance as if a building had exploded. I became super anxious hoping I hadn't murdered any of the innocent.

I examined the scene. The man with wings layed on his stomach while the raven-haired man was flat on his back just  3 meters past him.

I flinched when I heard something drop beside me. Then a hand was put on both my shoulders and shook me slightly. "Are you okay ma'am?"

     I tried to focus my eyes on the red and blue blob in front of me. "Hey, hey, hey, y/n?" I looked at him now. His outfit was clear as day, not like it had been in my vision. It had a unique design in which looked to be spiderwebs. I scanned his body top from bottom. It definitely presented his muscles. Looking at the outline of his biceps just made me want to squeeze them.

I looked back up at the face of the mask. His head was tilted, he was confused.
H

onestly, his costume didn't phase me, considering the things I've witnessed the past few days.

"Sorry." I mentally shamed myself, shaking my head.

"Peter! Grab the cowboy!" Tony shouted flying over to us in his suit.

Peter stood up and webbed away towards the rope man.

"You good?" Tony asked me as he grabbed my forearm and helped me to my feet. The question slipped off his tongue as if he said it all the time to his victims. So much, that he didn't put much thought into it anymore.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

The dark skinned man flew over to us and landed beside Tony. Tony turned away from us and tapped his ear and spoke into it.

Meanwhile, the man asked, "how are things going," He gave me a half smile. "With everything?"

I gave him a crooked look. He looked so familiar. "I know you." I grabbed the bridge of my nose. "But not your name."

"Its okay." He put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm Sam." His eyes shifted to the scene behind him where the spider guy- Peter was picking up the rope man with his hands bundled behind his back. "Do you remember Peter?"

I scratched the back of my neck and thought back.

"Its okay." He waved his hand.

"He's my boyfriend." I looked up sternly.

Our eyes connected, his eyes more lightened up. "Yes. That's him."