It's Just A Bad Day (B.L)

Trigger warning: mentions of depression

There’s a silence as Brie enters the small apartment she shares with her girlfriend. “Baby?” she calls out and receives no answer. She walks up the steps to the bedroom and she looks in seeing her girlfriend laying there, just staring at the ceiling.

Brie walks into the room and she leans down kissing my cheek. “You’re having a bad day?” she mumbles and I just nod. She shakes her head, taking off her jacket.

“Have you eaten today?” Again I shake my head no and she nods “Have you taken a bath or have you been in bed all day?”

“Bed all day.” I mumble, almost on the verge of tears and she crouches down in front of the bed, taking my hand in hers.

“Baby, it’s okay to have a bad day. We all do. I still love you so so much. And you’re still valid even if you have depression or any mental illness. Do you want to talk about it?” she asks softly, her thumb running over my skin in gentle circles.

“Nothing is wrong I just feel so empty today, you know? I woke up this morning and just started crying for no fucking reason and I’m just so tired.” Brie nods, placing a kiss on my knuckles.

“C’mon baby, let’s go take a shower, okay?” I nod and allow her to pull me into her arms. She takes me to the bathroom, stripping me of my clothes, taking off her own and she runs the shower.

We get in and she wraps her arms around me, kissing my shoulder “You’re valid babygirl.” She mumbles into my ear, turning me around and I think she’s going to kiss me but instead she hugs me close to her.

I stand in her embrace for at least fifteen minutes and she doesn’t say anything. She just holds me as the water pours down on us. She runs her hands down my back soothingly and I start to cry as she hugs me tighter, her eyes closed in comfort. She pulls away from our embrace, placing a kiss on my forehead. “I love you, let’s finish up and eat some dinner okay? We can go to bed afterwards baby.” She mumbles, cupping my cheek, wiping a tear away and I nod.

“I love you too Brie.” I mumble, turning my head to kiss her hand and she smiles at me. “Thank you for everything.” She just nods, kissing me softly.

As someone who has dealt with depression (I'm in a better place now) I just feel like people uh romanticize it a bit? Depression is laying in bed, not showering, not eating and that's why I wrote this. If anyone feels like this, just remember you're still valid and you're still so beautiful.💗
Also I'm a sucker for hugs and it shows lmao