Marry Her Anyway 1 (B.L)

Boop this is written differently than the rest of my stuff. It annoys me to use 'you' tbh so would it be fine if I use 'i'? If it's not okay I'll just continue with my normal stuff

"We need money." My best friend deadpans and I sigh looking at her. She was right, though. Although both of us worked hard one stupid night we got drunk and ordered a huge flamingo statue that now stood proudly in our living room and as it turns out reselling the thing is really hard.

"I know Brie. We'll think of something okay? We need to. We can't afford losing the apartment." She sighs getting up and walking to the kitchen and I sit down in the living room trying to think of ideas to help us get more money and that's when a brilliant idea forms in my head and a grin is on my face when she comes back.

"Please tell me you have an idea?" she asks cautiously and I nod. Excited she sits down and motions for me to continue.

"Let's get married!" I exclaim and she frowns.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Okay so we make one fake wedding invite and invite a millionaire. They literally never show up they just send a gift and knowing them it would be expensive. I have the perfect one too. Her name is Lena Luthor and she has amazing taste in everything so once we get her gift we exchange it for money and boom! Our problem is solved." Brie stares at me with a bewildered look on her face.

"Let me get this straight, y/n, you want us to fake marry to get money?"

"We won't actually be getting married she wouldn't even come. I'm telling you it'll work." My friend sighs giving in.

"Fine. You're doing the design work though."

For the next few hours I design a dopeass invite. We take a new photo where Brie kisses my cheek and I smile shyly and that's the backdrop. With the last few tweaks I go to L Corp's website, get Lena's email and send her the invite.

"Now we wait."

An hour goes by and when we hear a ping on my laptop we both jump over the couch grabbing the device, reading her reply.

"Thanks for the invite. I will be attending. You're a lovely couple. - L. Luthor"

"Oh no." I whisper looking at Brie with wide eyes and she looks back at me equally shocked.

It's safe to say we're fucked.