The Set Up (C.D)

Natasha gives you a smug look across the room as the captain sits down next to you, sweat rolling down her neck and you scowl at the blonde earning an eye roll.

"Why are you all cranky?" Carol Danvers asks, her eyes scanning across your face and a small blush appears on your cheeks.

"Natasha wants to practice now and I'm just not in the mood." you mutter, thinking of the first excuse and she just shrugs.

"We could always train together?" she offers and your eyes go wide. Training with the woman who makes you weak and you have a crush on? Not happening.

"It's fine, Cap. I'll train with Nat." you utter, quickly getting up and looking for the blonde woman who you find sitting at a table with her best friend and your co-worker, Thor.

"What are you doing here and not out there screwing the captain?" Thor asks, a friendly look on his face, but no smile and you huff in annoyance, sitting down next to Natasha.

"Please not you too." You groan and the woman chuckles while Thor gives you a smirk.

"You should just date." Natasha mutters, rolling her eyes and she gets an approving cheer from Thor which makes you groan.

"Look can we just please train? I seriously do not want to talk about my love life with my co-workers, especially not you two."

"What love life?" Thor asks getting a snicker from the woman next to you and you give them both a look which shuts them up, their smiles never leaving their faces.

X

A few days later Captain Danvers approaches you as you lift weights, Natasha spotting you.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Carol asks, looking at you and you nod, Natasha quickly walking away, but not before giving you a smirk and you sit upright, looking up at the captain.

"I want to thank you for the flowers you sent. They were beautiful." The captain mumbles, biting her lip and you frown confused.

"Flowers?" you ask hesitantly, and she gives you a nod.

"You sent flowers and a card." The only thing you could think of was Thor and Natasha is behind this.

"Um it's a pleasure." you mutter, looking anywhere but the captain and she leans forward, quickly kissing your cheek before she walks away, leaving you blushing and very confused.

You get up in search of the duo that just ruined your life only to find Natasha in one corner on her phone and you spot Thor at a table, eating a burrito. You huff walking to Natasha, pulling her toward the table.

"Hey! Ow!" she whines and you give her a look, pulling out a chair for her next to Thor which you push her into.

"What the hell are you two doing?" You ask with a hiss and both give you an innocent look.

"We did nothing!" Natasha yells followed by an agreement from the man next to her.

"Stop the crap. I know you sent Carol flowers and told her it was me." You huff.

"All we did was God's work." Thor mumbles a smug look on his face and you want nothing more to connect your fist with his face at this moment.

"Listen here you little-"

"Is everything all right here?" You hear the captain behind you, Steve next to her with a concerned look on his face.

"Just some communication problems." Natasha smiles sweetly and you clench your jaw in annoyance.

"Can I see the three of you in my office, please?" Carol asks kindly and you sigh.

Great. Now I'm in shit.