Idiot (C.D)

“I can’t do this anymore, Carol. I’m sorry.” I had no idea why I even broke up with her in the first place. Carol was everything I had ever wanted and so much more. She was kind and loving, she dealt with my depression and anxiety like no one ever could and she dealt with my jealousy too.
I think the reason why I left her is because I feel like I’m not good enough. She’s this strong, hot hero and I’m just a normal girl who works at an animal shelter. Surprisingly, that’s where I met her the first time where she adopted an orange cat.
When she left the apartment, I broke down in tears. She didn’t put up a fight or anything, she respected me and left.

That’s how Thor found me days later. I was sitting on the couch, eyes red from crying watching some series when a loud knock echoed through my small apartment. Sighing, I got up and headed to the front door opening it, surprised to find the God of thunder standing in front of me.

“What’s your problem?” he asks bursting into my apartment and I frown.

“Excuse me?” I ask and he turns around huffing. He gently pushes me to sit down on my couch, looking at me with a glare as he paces in front of me.

“You broke Carol’s heart. She’s still in love with you and by the looks of it, you are with her too.” I sigh. It was hard hearing that Carol was sad because of me.

“I do love her but-“

“But what? If you love her and she loves you, why are you sitting here crying over her when you could be with her?”

“Because I’m a human okay? I’m no one special.”  He stops his pacing and he looks at me with wide eyes.

“You broke up with her because you think you’re not enough?” I nod and he sighs, crouching down in front of me. “Look, I know Carol. For the months that you dated she literally never regretted dating you. She loves you so much. You should’ve seen the way she spoke about you. Man, she’s in tears every day now. She misses you so much.”

“I miss her too.” Tears sprung to my eyes “It won’t help now. She’s probably seeing someone else already.”

“She’s not. Text her okay? I need to go.” With that the overgrown puppy leaves my apartment and I sigh, grabbing my phone.

To my baby: “Can we talk?” almost immediately she replies.

I’ll come over.’

I tidy the place up and try to think of words to say to her.

“Carol, I’m sorry for leaving you. I’m just insecure and my anxi- okay no not that. What about Carol I’m an idiot please take me back? No that’s too desperate.” There’s a faint knock on my door and I prepare myself to face her, the words I want to say on the tip of my tongue.

When I open the door she stands in front of me in her suit, full of sweat, clearly here after a mission. Or maybe she abandoned the mission to be here? That’s just wishful thinking right?

“Are you okay?” she looks over my shoulder into the apartment trying to look for danger and I throw myself into her arms. It felt so good to see her and hear her voice. She hugs me back, a soft ‘baby’ escaping her lips as I cry into her chest.

“I’m so stupid Carol. I ruined the best thing in my life and you’re still here. You deserve so much better and I’m so selfish to want you.”  She gently lifts my chin, a soft smile on her lips, tears in her eyes.

“You are stupid. And selfish. But you’re my stupid, selfish idiot and I love you.”

“Is this your way of saying you want me back too because if it is, please continue to insult me.” She chuckles at my remark, shaking her head. Grabbing my cheeks she pulls me into a kiss, smiling against my lips. When she pulls away, she looks at me sternly.

“Please don’t ever do that again. Y/n no matter how much your anxiety tells you that you’re not enough please know that you are more than enough for me. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think that baby.” I was going to kill Thor for telling her the reason I broke up with her but when she lifts me effortlessly and carries me into the bedroom, the thought quickly leaves my mind.