Chapter 11

"It's true. It's almost time for the stupefy to be cast."

"When is it starting?"

"Thankfully about the time Richard is leaving again."

"That's good. What does he know about all this?"

"Well, about Aiden, he doesn't know anything." I can sense their eyes on me, but I can't look at them, I feel guilty, but I understand Adam's questions. "About the ceremony he knows next to nothing. Only that I'll have a family thing on my birthday so we can't celebrate together."

"And about the fool's paradise?"

"He also doesn't know about that. You know I can't tell him that, only pack members have even heard rumors, outsiders can't know unless its strictly necessary."

"Well then, next week Richard is back, so I say enjoy that, and when he leaves and the stupefy starts you take that time to get to know Aiden."

"I agree, Kat, you have to figure out more about him. Until then just relax and take advantage of your time with Richard."

"Sounds like a plan. Just to be clear neither of us is thinking Aiden is bad news, right?"

"I think he's just as lost as you, if not more."

"Why, Adam?"

"Based on what you told us..."

"But I only told you what he said, he could be lying."

"I guess he could."

Adam doesn't seem convinced though, how can he trust a stranger so much?

"Kat, I also don't get a bad vibe from Aiden, he is cool, although anti-social."

"I wouldn't know...but for now let's say he is trustworthy."

That ended the serious talk and we decided to see a movie until Rosie got home and they had to leave, it is a school night after all.

Rose just went straight to her bedroom and after Chris and Adam leave, I must go talk to her.

"See you at school Kat."

"Bye, Kitkat."

"Bye guys, thank you for coming."

"Take care."

They both leave and I prepare myself for the talk I'm about to have with my sister.

I have to tell her, if she going to be spending time with Aiden she should be prepared. Although that thought cause my stomach to ache.

Her door is closed and even after I knock a few times I hear no answer, so I enter.

"No answer means 'go away', Kat."

"We have to talk, Rose."

"No we don't."

"Look, I'm sorry for before but I had my reasons."

She looks at me and pats the bed right by her side as a sign for me to sit, "Spill."

And so, I do. I tell her what I told Chris and Adam, her reactions change from guarded, to curious, to shocked, it would be quite funny if it wasn't such a important matter.

"And that's it. My latest discovery is that he's as clueless as me, if not more, what is kind of scary. That is of course if he's telling the truth."

"Why would he lie?"