Chapter 7

The doubts and second guesses all disappear when I'm hugged by Rick. How could I ever be uncertain of our connection even for a second? Richard is IT for me.

"Why are you here?!" I am excited about his presence, it feels like ages since I last saw him.

"I know we talk almost every day on the phone, but I was missing you, so I thought of stopping by, is that ok?"

"Of course! I missed you too." In this moment I can't even fathom how did I survived this long without him close to me.

"I can't stay long though...I mostly only wanted to see you."

"Mostly?"

"Yes, I got some news too, because of my thesis I will be coming back to school for a few weeks, so you will be seeing more of me for a while."

"Are you serious?!" I feel like hoping up and down from the happiness.

"Of course, I wouldn't fool you." He said fixing my hair behind my ear. "Unfortunately, I won't be able to give you rides since I still have work before and after college."

"That's ok, at least I get to see you almost every day for a few weeks. When is this happening?"

"Monday is the first day, but I couldn't wait to tell you."

"I'm so glad you came." I hug him, to reassure myself of what I'm feeling.

"Is everything ok, sweetheart?"

This is it, I could tell Rick about him. Should I? Probably, but that all seems so unimportant here in Richard's arms. So I don't.

"Yes, all good."

He smiles at me and I reciprocate, we both say our goodbyes and I go to my room to rest.
I am so excited for next week but dreading the next few days.

I wake up feeling apprehensive, I have no idea what the day will bring, and I have a feeling I might not like it.

Ready to leave for college I meet Rosie in the living room.

"Kat? I won't come home with you today I have to go to Kara's to work on some stuff, I might eat there."

"Oh ok, that's fine. So are you guys catching a ride with Ella?"

"Actually their parents are going to pick us up, they have to go there anyway to take care of a few thing for their cousin."

"Alright then, text me when you get there."

"Deal. Isn't it today that starts one of your optional classes?"

"Yes! I am excited for that, today is 'World Literature'"

"You are such a nerd to be excited about a class that it's not even part of your degree."

"Shut up."

Today when we get to college, I don't go to the Science Department as usual, I go to the Literature Department instead.

Finding my class is easy and as always, I am one of the few people already here. When more people start to enter, they all notice me. This might not be my department, but every single person is this University knows Richard, and therefore knows me too.

I wish I could ask them, rudely, what are they looking at, but at last, I can't tarnish Richard reputation, so I force myself to calm down.

And it works, I feel calmer. But when I breath deeply I understand that it wasn't the effect of positive thinking, it was his presence.

Let's be real, when was the last time positive thinking actually did anything.

I am getting tired of referring to him as him, I want to know is name.